Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM 7.0 PLMWGUI viewer error

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have document that is checked into the standard rep DMS_C1S_ST. Using the SAP GUI I can display it with no problems using cv03n. Upon trying to display the same document using the SAP PLMWUI (PLM 7.0) I get the following error

"Workstation application EAIWEB.WEBVIEWER2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL% is invalid. Starting external application.

Error while checking out: "

I have the new viewer installed on my local machine and also have the white list configured.

appreciate any help

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roopa_ms
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Use %VIEWER-CONTROL% % SAP_PROVIS% instead of EAIWEB.WEBVIEWER2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL% .

This is the new viewer customizing reqd for PLM document 7.0 and 7.1

rgds,

Roopa

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

I tried both %VIEWER-CONTROL% % SAP_PROVIS% and just % SAP_PROVIS% and in each case I ran into an error. The error for the second case is as below.

Windws cannot find '%SAP_PROVIS%'. Make sure yu typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then click Search.

It seems like windows does not understand the parameter. Are there any settings to be done on windows?

thanks,

Rahul

roopa_ms
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Use %VIEWER-CONTROL% % SAPPROVIS% instead of EAIWEB.WEBVIEWER2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL% .

There is no underscore between SAPPROVIS . I'm sorry

Best regards,

Roopa

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

I am still getting an error. Another question is when I select the file in the PLMWUI and click on 'Display' I get an error message saying 'Error while checking out: '. There is no additional description. Could this be any issue with the white list setup. Is there any way I can verify that setup , run a test program etc.

Please help.

thanks,

Rahul

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

so it looks like it is not a viewer related issue, but more whitelist / security related.

Here is a link to the technical details of the applets:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/1303b7580172b5e10000000a422035/frameset.htm

In addition maybe note 1224097 can help?

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Add the extension of the file i.e attachment in sesurity whitelist between the <execute> tags before the <application path> tag.

Like <extension>jpg</extension>

<extension>doc</extension>

Check if this helps.

Security list should be save in the following locations for diferrent OS

For VISTA u2013 C:\Users\<<User ID>>\AppData\Roaming\SAP

For XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<User ID>\Application Data\SAP

Regards,

Santosh.

former_member694558
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to all of you, I was able to configure the white list correctly. The file now does download from the server. The viewer loads but it displays this error when trying to display the file

"An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format". The rest of the screen area is white. During the first run there was a popup which came up to select rendering options. I selected DIrect x 9. Since then even in spite of uninstalling and reinstalling the viewer the popup does not come up. I don't know if the error is related to this or something entirely different.

Please help.

Rahul

I am not getting another error

" Scene creation failed.File may be corrupt"

I have checked the file and its fine. It is a pdf.

Edited by: Rahul Patel on May 2, 2010 10:37 PM

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the Viewer, that is delivered as standard Viewer in WebUi only these formats are supported:

ht[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/76/6ccd218e924b869c88712fd74ecdf1/frameset.htm |http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/76/6ccd218e924b869c88712fd74ecdf1/frameset.htm]

PDF can be viewed directly in WebUi via the Adobe Reader Plug In, the Product Visualization Viewer is not required here.

Martin

Answers (0)