cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch risk analysis job while database is down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I run RAR batch risk analysis job while MaxDB database is down in GRC AC 5.3. Our AS Java database is MaxDB.

Please note that when the MaxDB database crashed, while the batch risk analysis job was running and then it completed successfully, while the database was still down.

My query is that does batch risk analysis job, not require AS JAVA database to be up & running?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ehh..... it does need the database - I'd say the reported status was incorrect.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would the application operate without database? We see incorrect status lots of time so you should go and check detailed log message to get more information on the status of the job.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh/ Frank,

I did check the Background Job Spool file location and Alert Log file location configured in RAR - Misc, I found those directories to be empty.

Actuallay the configuration has been set to Java Logger.

Then I checked the background job log from RAR and found out the following information, seen below. (The log file is very long, I have given few lines of it below).

-

INFO: Case4: UPDATE VIRSA_CC_SCHEDULER query got executed

Apr 21, 2010 2:59:40 PM com.virsa.cc.common.util.ConfigUtil setDefaultJ2EEParam

WARNING: absWebResourceURL:http://ip_address:50000/

Apr 21, 2010 2:59:40 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.bg.AnalysisDaemonThread run

FINEST: Analysis Daemon Thread: Invoking (HTTP): http://ip_address:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/grc~ccappcomp/BgJobStart?daemonId=

[9024350]E:\usr\sap\CME\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\.&threadId=0&daemonType=BG

INFO: -

Scheduling Job =>20----

Apr 21, 2010 2:59:51 PM com.virsa.cc.common.util.ExceptionUtil logError

SEVERE: null

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.virsa.cc.comp.wdp.IPublicBackendAccessInterface$IUserListInputElement.wdGetObject(IPublicBackendAccessInterface.java)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeElement.getAttributeAsText(NodeElement.java:888)

Apr 21, 2010 5:17:08 PM com.virsa.cc.common.util.ExceptionUtil logError

at com.virsa.cc.comp.wdp.IPublicBackendAccessInterface$IAuthForUserInputElement.wdGetObject(IPublicBackendAccessInterface.java)

Apr 21, 2010 5:17:08 PM com.virsa.cc.xsys.meng.ObjAuthMatcher <init>

FINEST: ObjAuthMatcher constructed: 0ms, #singles=14, #ranges=0, #super=0

-

END----

The last line ends with FINEST: ObjAuthMatcher constructed: 0ms, #singles=14, #ranges=0, #super=0.

When I checked the status of the Background job, the Batch risk analysis job broken into multiple jobs using User ID Ranges was completed.

1- My query is from the above log file, is there anything wrong?

2- If there is something wrong, then why is the status of Background job shown as completed (at a time when MaxDB database was down due to memory issues)?

Thanks,

Haleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see some SEVERE errors in the log:

at com.virsa.cc.comp.wdp.IPublicBackendAccessInterface$IUserListInputElement.wdGetObject(IPublicBackendAccessInterface.java)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.NodeElement.getAttributeAsText(NodeElement.java:888)

Apr 21, 2010 5:17:08 PM com.virsa.cc.common.util.ExceptionUtil logError

I really don't know when exactly your DB was down and how much job is completed without looking at the system but you can see that RAR recognized that there is some issue.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh.

So do at this stage, do you recommend me to once again for the 2nd time, start the Batch Risk analysis job with full synchronization for users, roles, profiles, to get rid of this error.

In this case, will it clean up the database of all activities, it performed in the previous run?

Also, Is there a way to find out if my batch risk analysis jobs completed successfully or not?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can start the batch job in full sync mode again. Make sure to check the log after the job is finished and you should not see any error or exceptions.

Alpesh

Answers (0)