cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Feature limitation ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Requirement - PI is receiving web service calls, for this we have set up SOAP sender channels. We need to restrict the client applications to specific services on the SOAP adapter.

We looked into couple options, not meeting our requirement to restrict the client application to specific SOAP adapter services.

one which could meet partially -

Creating UME role with SOAP adapter specific actions - xi_adapter_soap_helper; xi_adapter_soap_message.. it still allows other web services using SOAP adapter.

(We need this set up, as we have many web services, some of them requires restricted access.. our preferred approach would be to control access using roles, assign users to roles , then assign roles to services)

Please share your thoughts, anyone implemented this kind of requirements, thoughts on design options like - adapter modules, using a different adapter like WS , etc,..

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can assign the required users to the Sender Agreement. Then only these users would be able to call the service. This is a separate tab in the sender agreement.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for looking into this issue..

We looked into the option of assigning user ids at the sender channel..It is lot of maintenance overhead to us. The best option we find it to assign the users to a role and grant service access to the role.

Please share other thoughts.. I see, is a limitation. Need confirmation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Have you looked into the sender agreement based user access check available for all the HTTP based adapters?

This feature will allow only some specific users to call certain scenarios. Doesn't this fit to your requirement?

In contrast, I don't know how you want to use the security role (or UME action) to achieve your goal.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your requirement.

Let me know.

Best regards, Yza