cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error WIS 10901 with calculated measures with dot in the name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have calculated measures in our OLAP cube. Some of the measures have a dot in their name, like

[Measures].[Value Dev.]

Or

[Measures].[Value Dev. %]

If we use this measures in a Web Intellligence Report, we get the error message

u201CA database error occurred. The database error text is: (CS) u201CError on BindColu201D . (WIS 10901)u201D

If we run the MDX directly on the MSAS Server than it works.

It seems, the SAP universe has problems with dot in the name of calculated measures within the cube. If we analyse the object in the universe we get no hint, everything seems to be OK.

The calculated measures comes from the cube.

We have an MSAS 2005 and Edge 3.1 SP2 on Windows

Thanks for helping!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your help.

In MSAS you are able to set the u201CMDX Compatibility=2; MDX Unique NameStyle=2u201D. If you do this, you are able to use dot in a name of a calculated measure in the cube.

But I find out a solution:

Just use

<EXPRESSION>Measure</EXPRESSION>

Instead of

Measure

in the select part of the Objekdefinition in the universe.

Than its works.

I did not find out which version of MDX the universe supports, did you have tip for me?

Kind regards

Jens

Edited by: Jens Hafft on Apr 22, 2010 11:47 AM

Edited by: Jens Hafft on Apr 22, 2010 11:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tested on my side to create a calculated measure on MSAS 2005 with a dot in the name.

It is not possible: the dot is an invalid character and MSAS 2005 reject a name with a dot.

So I created a translation for the new calculated measure and added a dot and it was accepted.

Then I generated a universe: the calculated measure name was generated with the dot.

Then I built a WebI document including the calculated measure and I had no problem.

So I suggest you create a support ticket and provide as much as details as you can to help support to reproduce your issue.

Regards

Didier