cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File name with different type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to send specific date format with file name to two different receivers. So the file name is same for both the two receivers but file extension is different. So I configured with dynamic configuration in UDF and in the receiver channel i have given .txt and .dat but it is not working. Can we do it in any other way.

Thanks,

kum

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Discard.

Edited by: Tanaya S on Apr 21, 2010 9:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

a suggestion: perhaps u may need to create 2 separate scenarios for the txt and dat files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kum,

If I am not wrong, you must be using conditional receiver determination for determining 2 receivers.

In this case, you can define 2 separate mappings which you can call in Interface determinations (2 interface determinations).

In one mapping, you can have UDF for .txt file and in other .dat file.

-Tanaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kum,

If using UDF you are creating filename for receiver channels, then no need of worrying what you are mentioning in receiver communication channels.

The only thing you have to do is, enable 'Adapter Specific Message Attributes' in receiver file adapters and check FileName option in it.

-Tanaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I need to get the file extension from communication channel only. I can not give this in UDF becasue I am using two receivers with different file format. I enabled ASMA even thoug I am getting only file name but I am not getting file extension.

Thanks,

kum

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you use Dynamic Configuration, the File Name field in Receiver Channle becomes meaning-less....you either use Dynamic Configuration to set File Name or you put it in the FileName field of channel.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

But I can not define this in file name in channel because I need to take the file name from mapping only. If I use dynamic configuration how can I get the different file types in the two diff channels. Is there any other way, can we do this in variale substitution.

kum

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Variable substitution means making an entry in FIle channel and the corresponding file name should be present in payload of target message.

What is the issue in passing the estension from the Dynamic Configuration program?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If I give file extension in dynamic configuration the same extension will be generating into two receiver files. But I need one receiver file with .txt and other one wih .dat file.

Regards,

kum

Former Member
0 Kudos

you will have to create 2 different receiver tm channels and specify their different extensions

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have created two channels and given .txt in one channel and .dat in other channel, but the files are generating without file extension. I have given filename schema as .txt is the right way or I need to specify any other way.

Thanks,

kum