SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fp09 - FI-CA returns: delete an item from the clarification list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Return lot terminates with "incomplete posting" (status: "postprocess necessary"). The return lot was created with one wrong item and now I can't delete it from the clarification list.

The item is not contained in any workflow and it wasn't set for resubmission. How could I delete the entry from clarification or how should I deal with this problem?

tnx in advance for answers

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction code FPCRL, enter your return lot number and execute. It brings up all the items in clarification. Select the item and click "Clarify" button. In the subsequent screen, in the menu "Edit-->Item Invalid". Say 'Yes' for the pop-up. This will complete the clarification of the item, but the item itself cannot be deleted.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction code FPCRL, enter your return lot number and execute. It brings up all the items in clarification. Select the item and click "Clarify" button. In the subsequent screen, in the menu "Edit-->Item Invalid". Say 'Yes' for the pop-up. This will complete the clarification of the item, but the item itself cannot be deleted.

0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

thank you very much for your answer, it is really helpful but the problem is, that I can't set the item to "invalid".

The return lot item (in clarification) has already a document number which contains two GL items (+1350 and -1350), but I can't delete the item and I can't reverse the document that was created.

Cheers

Marc

0 Kudos

> The return lot item (in clarification) has already a document number which contains two GL items (+1350 and -1350), but I can't delete the item and I can't reverse the document that was created.>

When you say the return lot item already has a document number, do you mean you already clarified it and now realized that it is wrong item? Did you try the delete option in FPCRL? You will see this in the application toolbar once you go past the initial selection screen.

If not, did you try resetting the clearing on the document in FPL9 and then reversing it?

0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

the document was not clarified and it cleared any posting.

The document is open and it has only GL items (no business partner items) but it can not be reversed. When I try to reverse it, I get the following error:

"Document 300400506679 is clarification posting in lot 070XI9_001, item 000001"

The test case is:

1.- The business partner contains one outgoing payment

2.- The returns lot contains two items, which are identical.

The result is, the first item can be assigned to the outgoing payment. The second item goes into clarification, it has a document number assigned, which contains two GL items (+1000 and -1000, it means, the sum of the document items is zero).

Is it possible to transfer that posting somewhere to reverse it?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Marc

0 Kudos

Hi Maresp,

If you have a return which you think is not correct but has a clarification posting already the only option to "get rid" of

it is just do a credit / debit posting on the clarification account.

1.) Goto the returns detail screen

2.) Click on the button "Post Online"

Now you see a screen with the data of the clarification posting e.g.:

Item Company Account Value Date Amount

1 0001 111111 08.07.2008 15,00-

3.) For a credit/debit counterbalance just post it with another sign of the amount onto the same account and data:

Item Company Account Value Date Amount

2 0001 111111 08.07.2008 15,00

Now the return is closed. I hope this answers all your questions.

regards,

David

0 Kudos

Yes, thank you!