cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6C to 4.7 Vs 4.6C to ECC 6.0 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently on 4.6C and planning to upgrade to either 4.7 or ECC 6.0. Just the basis upgrade(no new functionality). We would like to know the main differences between 4.7 and ECC 6.0 and what are advantages in upgrading directly to ECC 6.0 instead of 4.7 with repect to the upgrade cost. I'll appreciare if you could advice on this.

Regards,

Ram Enaganti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are currently on 4.6C and planning to upgrade to either 4.7 or ECC 6.0.

4.7 is already out of maintenance.

> We would like to know the main differences between 4.7 and ECC 6.0 and what are advantages in upgrading directly to ECC 6.0 instead of 4.7 with repect to the upgrade cost.

The technical upgrade is the same, you may, however, need more hardware for ERP 6.0. I'd neverless not upgrade to 4.7 because it's already out of maintenance.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not double post the same question in different forums.

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

upgrading to 4.7 or 6.0 is about the same amount of work. so, better go to ECC 6.0 directly... and as Markus already mentionned, 4.7 is out of maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus & Eric,

Thank you very much for your response.

We are looking at 4.7 option due to lower upgrade cost. So can you please let me know if there is any document that tells us main differences b/w 4.7 and ECC 6.0 and advantages in going to ECC 6.0.

Regards,

Ram.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are looking at 4.7 option due to lower upgrade cost.

How did you calculate your upgrade costs? If you want to run 4.7 you need an extended maintenance contract, otherwise you won't get support, neither during the upgrade nor after the upgrade for the production system. Those extended maintenance contract are more expensive than the normal contracts for supported versions (such as ERP 6.0). So finally using an out-of-maintenance system will cost more maintenance on an annual base.

> So can you please let me know if there is any document that tells us main differences b/w 4.7 and ECC 6.0 and advantages in going to ECC 6.0.

You can check the release notes at

http://service.sap.com/releasenotes

and you can compare the version using solution browser:

http://solutionbrowser.erp.sap.fmpmedia.com/

Markus

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

there is another thread at "SAP ERP 6.0 Upgrade" forum ::

where the same question is posted.

I think that this topic should be discussed at "SAP ERP 6.0 Upgrade" forum.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Hello Ram,

If you have questions/problems to run/upgrade MAXDB database, then

please create new thread on "SAP MaxDB/liveCache" forum.

Please let us know what problems/issues you have with MAXDB database.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, this topic is closed and locked.