cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Prompt through not resolved in webi on OLAP Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BO XI 3.1 with latest fix pack.

I have created a OLAP universe based on SSAS 2005 Multicube for reporting using WebI

I have Date field in my SSAS cube and i created a universe based on that cube , but my Date field changed to Character in the Universe Layer.

My requirement is that i need to create a a prompt over that field in the webi report using a CALENDAR to enter the value instead of entering the value manually.

I changed the type of field for the date field from CHARACTER to DATE in the OLAP Universe level and exported it in order to see the calendar prompt ( as the calendar component is visible for the data type of DATE) .

This conversion don't seems to work for me due to the conversion from Char to Date even if i have the data for particular date i cannot see the records but if manually type the value for that same date without converting the Date format to type Date.

I also tried the MDX stuff and created :

<OPTIONAL><FILTER KEY="[PERIOD SD].[DB Full Date].[DB Full Date]"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal"><CONSTANT TECH_NAME="format"@Prompt('Enter Date ','A',,,{1/1/2009})"></CONSTANT></CONDITION></FILTER></OPTIONAL>

but problem is still the same .

So can you suggest about unusual behavior of the Universe Layer.

Kindly suggest .

Regards,

Vibhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we cannot trust the MDX syntax and the language for the OLAP structure there is no clear guideline or some standard document for OLAP Universe so we have to do all the workaround at the cube level.Hope we can expect some good support from SAP mainly for OLAP based Universe. hence closing this message

ashish_gupta3
Participant
0 Kudos

A date field in the cube should come in as a date in the Universe Designer. I would double check the cube if the field is defined correctly to be pulled in as a Date. Date datatypes are supported agaisnt OLAP Cubes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I cross checked the field in the Cube it is of format Date Time format is it some limitation in the OLAP Universe based on MS Analysis Services Cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First I think you have to create a support ticket because normally the object in the universe must be generated with data data type nad it is not the case.

We are awere of some limitations with data types.

Secondly, if you want to have users entering date you have to specify date in the prompt data type like this:

<OPTIONAL><FILTER KEY="[PERIOD SD].[DB Full Date].[DB Full Date]"><CONDITION OPERATORCONDITION="Equal"><CONSTANT CAPTION="@Prompt('Enter Date ','D',,mono,free)"></CONSTANT></CONDITION></FILTER></OPTIONAL>

Regards

Didier