Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment of .doc opens but .docx does not open

former_member1191447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Purchase requisitions generated via Shopping carts.

When a shopping cart is created some word document of (.docx) MS office 2007 is attached to it. Once this shopping cart is approved a purchase requisition is auto generated.When we display this purchase requisition

in R/3 by using ME53N transaction code and check the attachments the

attachment do not open and gives the message "Start Authorization for

application not set". Where as if this attachment is of (.doc) type MS

office 2003 the attachment opens up successfully.

Kindly help to resolve this.

Thanks,

Nandan Upasani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandan,

could you please check in transaction CV03N with the known document number, type, part and version if a suitable workstation application is assigned to the mentioned Office 2007 file are if the first column in the original area is blank.

In case there is no workstation application is entered for this original file, please display the original details in CV02N and fill a suitable application in the workstation application field.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member1191447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chirstoph,

The first column in blank. I treid to attach a valid workstation "DOC" to it via CV02N, but still it did not open and gave the message "Word cannot start the converter mswrd632".

I want to know, when the attachment is of .doc extension the workstation "DOC" is automatically assigned to the first in CV03N, but when it is of .docx extension, "DOC" is not automatically assigned. Why is it so?

Thanks,

Nandan Upasani.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandan,

regarding your latest information I think you should check the settings in transaction DC30 for the workstation application DOC. Please made sure that the necessary formats are maintained here and that under 'Define workstation application in network' all required entries exist with a paramter like %AUTO%.

If the issue still happens please tell us also which Office version do you use.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member1191447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

The path with prog. name is %auto%.

We are using MS 2007.

Thanks,

Nandan Upasani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandan,

Check for the define workstation application in network, Set as "PC" type 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please verify that docx ext. is also presenat alongwith doc ext for "doc" work station application. As you are already able to open doc files this will allow you to open docx files.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to define separate mime type correctly for .dox type of files then it will open.Search mime types of office 2007 and configure like 2003.

I hope this will resolve your query.

Regards,

Ravindra