cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual rule update

0 Kudos

What steps should be followed to do manual rule update in RAR? I need technical steps.

E.g.

a) a tcode need to be added to a function

b) auth object need to be added/removed from a tcode

c) a tcode need to be removed from a function

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_trachsel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the manual care of function you have to possibilies.

1. You can use the "Mass Maintenance function" of RAR, which you can create, mutate or delete tcode or auth objects over all function.

If you use that, first you search all function with the tcode or auth object, than you can set in what are you going to do.

2. You can care it manually, first you search the function (RAR-Rule architect - Search function) which has the tcode or auth object inside, than you can click to this function --> Change --> change the tcode/auth object and finally you have to generate this functions.

I hope thats helping you

Cheers,

Martin

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

My query - after adding a new tcode in a function(fresh add) can I add(not enable) a new auth object for the newly added tcode in permission tab? how?

after change tis made in a function we can save it. After that should I come back one scree and and click on update rule ?

It also asks for action / "action and permission" type rule ? what should be selected? Does it create new risk?

After I make change to a function. how do I test the change? i.e. how can I find related risk from a role/user that mill prove that new function change has been incorporated to those risks?

martin_trachsel
Participant
0 Kudos

Here the answers for your questions.

>My query - after adding a new tcode in a function(fresh add) can I add(not enable) a new auth object for the newly added tcode in permission tab? how?"

Answer: Go to the function - click on register permission - there are you new tcode - click on the change pencil - search or fill in the authorization object with values and save it.

>After that should I come back one scree and and click on update rule ?"

>It also asks for action / "action and permission" type rule ? what should be selected?"

Answer: Yes, go back and update rule with "action and permission"

>"Does it create new risk?"

Answer: No, it just generate the new data for the database. You have to create a new risk yourself.

>After I make change to a function. how do I test the change? i.e. how can I find related risk from a >role/user that mill prove that new function change has been incorporated to those risks?"

Answer: You have to have a risk, with this function inside, than you can make a risk analysis for several user, especially for this risk or you can create a role in the backend system, which violate this risk and than make the risk analysis.

I hope this helping you.

Greets

Martin

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would recommend not adding auhtorization objects manually, but do that in SU24 and re-upload the RAR object text files.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

As Frank mentioned it is better the add the new auth object in the backend and then re-upload the objects in RAR.

In case you make the changes i.e add an auth object to a tcode directly in the function , the change will be available only for this function.

Regards,Ranjiv

Answers (0)