cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center Authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two questions.

1.Is it possible for us to bring the Profit Center field in initial input screen in FBL1N, FBL3N & FBL5N ( we known its available in Dynamic seltion) as its required by our client .

2. How (to create) authorization group for Profit Center can been assigned and the same to above mentioned transactions. What is the Authorization group.

We mean to ask, that the users must be able to check the data (s) only to respective Profit Centers.

Eg: Two users A & B. A below to Profit Center 100 and B belong to Profit Center 200.

Now if user A executes the above mentioned transaction (FBL1N, FBL3N &FBL5N), he must be able to view the details of Profit Center 100 and not 200 and vise versa for user B.

Do suggest how to achieve this with standard SAP.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member209677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your 2 questions.

1. Pls check with T-code FGI2, and you can develop the new report either FGI2 or report painter.

2. Pls implement  the sap note:1331317, and activate authorization check for profit center in IMG, it will applicable only in ECC6 EHP3.

Hope this would help you.

Regards,

Lingesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have also same requirement, kindly advice me how you have done.

Either by restricting Auth Object:K_PCA or Custom ABAP programme.

Appreciate for your prompt response. Thanks.

Regards,

Ramesh Badam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ram,

Please find below image, have you tried this setting, this may be of help

Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your information, If possible can you share any document or process that involved in it..

After activation of the above node in SPRO,how to proceed for further.

Appreciate prompt response.

Regards,

Ramesh Badam

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction code for activating business function is SFW5

Bus. Function is  FIN_GL_CI_1

Hope this would help you.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

thanks for your prompt reply, as the above bus function already activate in our system.

We have 181 profit centers in our business and if we want to trestrict them profit center wise its very hard to generate huge roles for each and every profit center,

So is there any short way instead of creating roles for 181 profit centers like Custom abap programme. Please suggest.

Regards,

Ramesh Badam

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

The authorisation would work with K_pca where you can assign profit center group as well as profit center. That is how it work.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have done it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have same requirenment, can you please metion exactly how you have done it?

Thanks in advance,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP 4 ME, can you advise on your solution?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir i hv also the same Requirement please provide me some solution..

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It is always wise to go for Z Transaction if given trsanction is not sufficient for your client. You can refer FBL1n and create a Z report which will have profit center in selection screen

Profit center is an object for authorization for financial report. if not you add that object through transaction code SU21.

Hope I answer you properly

Regards

Dinabandhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Thanks for the reply,but we are not interested in Z report.

Sure,there will be a some way for my req in standard SAP.

Do suggest.

Regards,

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per the details that you have mentioned it is evident that you want authorization for profit center :

- Pl. check whether authorization object K_PCA is avaialbe in the t codes that you have mentioned .you can do the same by executing the t code su24 for the same .

- For FBL1n you can use the document type as an authorization object as K_PCA wont be available there . so you will have to create diffrent document types for different profit centers .

You can definately restrict the users based on profit centers - for T codes peratining to GL i.e FBL3n you will have K_PCA and for the rest you can user diffrent document types for achieving the same and do take care of entering the authorization groups in the document type .

Do revert back in case you have any other query or you are stuck up .

Cheers ,

dewang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Thanks for the reply,but authorisation on Document type wise is not possible,as the user has to post the document with all doc types for the repective Profit Center.

Already i have checked K_PCA,but its of no use.

We have also created one auth object as Z_PRCTR and assigned the same in the users role,but the system is not considering the auth object Z_PRCTR while executing the stand SAP t.code FBL1N,FBL3N & FBL5N.

if you have any other suggestion,do suggest.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any idea about our requirement.

Do suggest.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Do anybody can provide any inputs for my requirements.

Do suggest.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you suggest any solutions for our requirement.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Still i am expecting some reply from you on my requirement.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Do suggest

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates ...do suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're hosed: if the standard system isn't checking for profit center, you won't be able to force it to. Authority checks are coded into the programs (more or less).

A custom development is probably the best bet here, even though that stinks.

Just out of curiosity, what version of R/3 or ECC are you using? If it's 5.0 or higher, are you using the new G/L?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eric ,

Thanks for your reply.

We have done it.

Thaks all for your time and gudience.

Regards