cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Standard RFC for Sap Charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know are there any standard RFC for SAP Charm Request.

If any please forward me those.

I need it urgently so please help

Swapnil Indulkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

There is no standard RFC available, you need to create all based on our requirement, but you can follow standard naming convention ..

For charm normal RFC name is

SM_SIDCLNT<000>_TMW

So you can follow this naming convention to create a new RFC connection.

revert in case of any clarification.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Swapnil,

To create the RFC (Remote Function Call) connections for the systems in a given ChaRM landscape, please go to transaction SMSY and find the relevant systems. There you can see that there is a 'clients' tab in the ABAP part of the system. In this client tab, you may generate the RFCs for the clients, there is a wizard that simplifies the creation process. The wizard will propose standardized RFC names, but you can actually name them whatever way you may see fit.

We cannot give you names of the RFCs for ChaRM because they have to be created by you and their name changes every time.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need the three basis RFs between the systems, one is the trusted RFC, the other is TMW and one more is read RFC. Depending upon the usage, you may need back as well.

Regards,

Sneha Vyas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot for your response

But can you tell me those RFC names.

I also need to know where does we store the status of the request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that there's a confusion here (maybe i'm wrong ??). Want does RfC stand for : is it Request For Change ? or Remote Function Call ??

If it stands for Request For Change, the standard type for Change Requests in SolMan is SDCR transaction (CRM) to which you can link Change Documents (SDMJ or SDHF CRM transactions).

Can you be more specific in your question to help us understand your issue?

Regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Charm rfcs, usually there are 2 main RFCs, you would need, one being the tmw, the other is the trusted RFC,

for more details, please refer to this note

907768 General note for Change Request Management 4.0

Hope this helps.

Cheers

SH