cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule set import error during upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am performing an Upgrade from Virsa 4 to RAR 5.3.

As per the guide i downloaded the existing ruleset from the backend using /Virsa/ZVRAT_L03

Now when i upload it using Rule Architect--Utilities --Import....I am getting the following error:

Error in table dataVIRSA_CC_ACTRULE

SQL:=>Insert into VIRSA_CC_ACTRULE(VSYSKEY,ACTRISK,ACTIONS,FUNCTID,RISKID,STATUS ) Values(?,?,?,?,?,?)

Record:D VIRSA_CC_ACTRULE DEV F006 AB01 FA01 F006 0

Also,

I assume that this will overwrite my existing rule data.

Is there anyway i can retain both the rule sets..my existing one which is sap standard rule set and virsa 4 rule set which i am importing?

Thanking in advance.

Thanks,

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Balaji,

I'm afraid this will not work, at least not without a decent amount of rework.

When you look at the functions in both systems, you will see that they're named identically, as are the risks. All iin all, I suppose there will only be minor differences.

If you want to maintain two rule sets, the function IDs and the risk IDs need to be different, which you would probably need to ensure manually in one of the import files.

Even then, I had RAR complain that I had two functions with identical TCodes on import, so there may be more things to consider.

Overall, maintaining more than one ruleset with overlapping functions/risks is not well supported currently - I'd advise to stay away from that if at all possible. The only success I had was by making a second rule set a subset of the first with only the risks that are supposed to be applicable for CUP.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Christian and Frank.

I understand the complexities involved in maintaining multiple ruleset and as of now i wont maintain this.

The Virsa 4 Rule set is customised to suite my Business Requirements and i want to retain only this.

The error shown hints to insert some values in the table VIRSA_CC_ACTRULE .(this is my interpretation can anybody please confirm)

I was able to view this table in CCDebugger but i dont know how to insert values using CCdebugger...or do i need to collaborate with my Data base admin to perform this task?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

Make sure to save this file in UTF-8 format. Also, check the number of tabs for

'D VIRSA_CC_ACTRULE DEV F006 AB01 FA01 F006 0 '

It seems to me that there is an extra tab after '0'. RAR is very strict @ all these tab limited files.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Belag,

have a look at the Access Control (Configuration?) Guide. There should be an appendix which explains the ruleset structure. You can upload these rules to a new ruleset. Just amend the files you've downloaded from backend following the structure mentioned in the appendix.

Regards,

Christian