cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Receiver File adapter using File content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the following error in the receiver file adapter.

Conversion initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Error(s) in XML conversion parameters found: Parameter 'statement.fieldFixedLengths' or 'statement.fieldSeparator' is missing

I am using the below parameters for FCC:

Recordset Structure - statement

statement.endSeparator - 'nl'

statement.fieldSeparator - '0X09'

statement.fieldNames -xblnr,wrbtr,newbs,kostl,newko,prctr,xref1,rke_wwfud,rke_wwst3,blart,bukrs,bldate,budat,gjahr,monat,ctype,waers,bktxt,posnr,wbs_element,mwxkz,businessplace,businessplace,c_waers,c_wrbtr,g_ctype,g_waers,g_wrbtr,h_ctype,h_waers,h_wrbtr,trade_id,lob,sgtxt,zuonr,reason_rev,ldgrp,tcode,lifnr

ignoreRecordsetName - true

Please let me know where i am going wrong.

Thanks,

Aparna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks everyone for your comments. My error is now resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error in trace.

<Trace level="2" type="T">Call method execute of the application Java mapping com.sap.xi.tf._MM_JDBC_SendGL_2file_</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">RuntimeException during appliction Java mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_JDBC_SendGL_2file_</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Runtime exception during processing target field mapping /ns0:MT_File_receive_GL/statement/wrbtr. The message is: Exception:[java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 16] in class com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib3.TextFunctions method substring[18500000.00, com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.rt.Context@34ca40e4] at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.start

Please help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems you are using "Substring" function in your mapping. use the substring function when the str length of the element is greater than zero.

Regards

Ramg.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

target field mapping /ns0:MT_File_receive_GL/statement/wrbtr

As a first step please do a display queue for the source element for wbtr mapping or in a simple udf

print the values coming using mapping trace and analyze,check what values are coming.

If you are using a sub string function make sure that the length of the string entered is correct,

it should not like if the length of string is 2 and you are trying to do a sub string(0,3).

You can get the length of the string and then put an if statement to validate the length before

passing to substring function

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit and Gabriel for your help. I have corrected the fieldSeparator typo and also removed ignoreRecordsetName anf fieldNames. Somehow it worked. But now I am getting a mapping exception MAPPING">EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException thrown during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_JDBC_SendGL_2file_: RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio~ in SXMB_MONI

Can you please suggest what can be the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aparna,

Can you check the error in Trace in SXMB_MONI it would show the detailed error. Please post the detailed error may be then I can help you in fixing the issue .

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

I feel the problem in your content conversion parameters is with

statement.fieldNames and ignoreRecordsetName

When you are confirguring receiver file adapter for file content conversion the above one is not required. Please refer below link for details on configuring content conversion in file adapter

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

Amit

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since it is Case sensitive, Please specify statement.fieldSeparator correctly as below

statement.fieldSeparator='0x09'

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check for typos, espcially in 'statement.fieldSeparator'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Discarding

Regards,

Srinivas