cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the PR change after transfered into the SRM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,Experts:

I am confused this time !

I work in SRM 7.0 ,ECS ,plan-driven Scenario.

I posted the issue last summer .The PR can't change after transfer into the SRM .this link:

But ,now ,the new problem is that :

I create the PR in the ECC system ,and run the grogram --BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER .The PR transfer into the SRM sytem .One shopping cart (status :approved) generated according the PR . I carry out sourcing ,and generate the PO according this SC.Now ,I change the PR(date) ,and run the grogram again .I find that the SC (the same number ) appear in the cockpit ,so I generate one new PO.So ,In this situation ,the purchaer will buy double product follow the POs .But the real requirement is just the half.

So ,I am cponfused about it .

BR!

Alex!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a typical PDP case. The PR should be changeable and the demand should be reflected in sourcing and any over ordering is not allowed. I have tested the exact scenario you described. After the PR is changed, only none quantity fields, such as delivery date, the demand is not coming to sourcing cockpit. Here is what I suggest you do/check:

1. Create a PR, transfer to SRM;

1.5. Check in BBP_PD on the item level field SOURCE_REL_IND. It should be X

1.6. Create PO from sourcking cockpit. Order the PO and make sure it's Ordered, not Error in Process. Validate in ECC as well.

2. Check in BBP_PD on the item level field SOURCE_REL_IND. It should be blank

3. Wait for a while, say 1 - 2 minutes. WF-BATCH could be locking the PR

4. Change the same PR in ECC, with non quantity fields, such as delivery date

5. Transfer PR to SRM (BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER)

6. Check in BBP_PD on the item level field SOURCE_REL_IND. It should be still blank - no sourcing is possible for this item

At highlighted check points 2 and 6, if the sourcing relevance indicator is not as mentioned, run BBP_GET_STATUS_2.

At least this is what I observed in my SRM 7.0 SP 6 system. And I believe this is the correct behavior.

Edited by: Jay Yang on Apr 21, 2010 5:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Jay:

I do the test ,getting the following results:

1、Create the PR and transfer again ,and check the status in the BBP_PD

The SOURCE_REL_IND X

The purchaser can do the u201Ccarry out sourcing u201D;

2、Create PO in the sourcing cockpit ,and the PO will rease in ECC system.

3、Check the status SOURCE_REL_IND (empty);

4、Change the PR ,and transfer again ,the status SOURCE_REL_IND X

now ,the purchaser can carry out sourcing again in the cockpit .

BR!

Alex!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before you run BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER, you must have some logic to add the PR into the EPRTRANS table. We have a report to do that. This report is usually set up as the first step in the background job that transfer the PRs to SRM. So the background job has the following two steps:

Step 1: report to get *qualified* PRs and insert them to EPRTRANS table
Step 2: report BBP_EXTREQ_TRANSFER

In step 1, this report should already determine if the PR should be in EPRTRANS table at all. In your case, the changed PR should NOT be inserted into the EPRTRANS table, because it has already a follow-on PO in SRM. We have the logic in this report to call an RFC in SRM to check based on the PR number, if there are follow-on RFx, or PO or contract. If so, the PR will not be in EPRTRANS table. So no transfer would happen for this PR. You would need such a logic to populate EPRTRANS table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Jay :

The results :

1\Cerate the PR and sent to SRM system ,before do the sourcing copit ,the QUAN_PO_E =0.000

2\After carry out sourcing ,Create the PO .the QUAN_PO_E =100(this is the PR quantity )

3\change the PR quantity =110.and sent the PR to the SRM ,and check the QUAN_PO_E =100

4\After carry out sourcing ,Create the PO .the QUAN_PO_E =110

Alex!

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Yang,

The process you explained above is correct just I am facing one problem in the step 1.5 my Source_rel_ind is not X its blank what should I do.Due this I am not able to see my requisition.

Regards

Gaurav

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Contact SAP. you can do it. in SRM 550 Sp13 we did the same. But you need to approach SAP for your flexible requirement.

ordered 8 in PR now SC created for 8 Qty and PO created for 8

again you make PR as 10 and PO create with another 10 since sc turn to 10. 10 +8= 18.

if you want to create only remain 2 qty only. approach SAP .they give pieve of code that update bbp_pd tables and cockpit shows as 2 .

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I am not sure whether you worked on SRM7.0 in last summer.

That might be the case with SRM5.0.

Please check with SAP whether this new feature / bug has been part of SRM7.0 ??

You can find some relevant OSS notes for resolving this issue. Mean while please raise this SAP for clarification.

Regards,

Teja