SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLCM Certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I've got a question: does any SLCM official certification exist? I've attended both IHE-102 and IHE-203 (at SAP France) and IHE-102 again at SAP Spain and when I asked if we could have a certification exam they told me it doesn't exist and the only "certification" we received was a an attendance's certificate.

Now, I've seen some job's offers in which they require some supposed SLCM certification.

I've searched google and SAP certification finder official page:

http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/certificationfinder.epx

http://www.sap.com/germany/services/education/zertifizierung/certificationfinder.epx?

and I couldn't find any SLCM or "Campus Management" related certification.

So, does any SLCM certification exist or not? If not, maybe SAP should inform its partners about that, if yes, maybe I'll need to contact SAP France and SAP Spain in order to understand why they didn't inform me correctly, that it is a basic requirement when you pay more than 2500 u20AC for each course...

Thanks

Bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Mattia,

As SAP we provide a range of specific courses in almost every SAP module. This also counts for the SAP SLcM module where we provide the IHE-102 and IHE-203 courses. For the major/large volume modules of SAP we provide official certifications. These certifications are a part of what we call an 'Academic program' or certifcation-route. An academic program can consist out of a program where you will follow a range of (related) courses to finally conduct the certification and become a 'certified' consultant in for example HCM. Within these academic programs you can certify for several levels. Like associate, professional, etc.

Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not have a specific academic program with a certification for SAP SLcM. This also applies for other single SAP courses (FICA, HCM, etc) that you can book at SAP. It is not common at SAP Education that with every single course you can conduct a certification. What you will get is the attendance certificate as you already mentioned.

Br,

Rob

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Mattia,

As SAP we provide a range of specific courses in almost every SAP module. This also counts for the SAP SLcM module where we provide the IHE-102 and IHE-203 courses. For the major/large volume modules of SAP we provide official certifications. These certifications are a part of what we call an 'Academic program' or certifcation-route. An academic program can consist out of a program where you will follow a range of (related) courses to finally conduct the certification and become a 'certified' consultant in for example HCM. Within these academic programs you can certify for several levels. Like associate, professional, etc.

Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not have a specific academic program with a certification for SAP SLcM. This also applies for other single SAP courses (FICA, HCM, etc) that you can book at SAP. It is not common at SAP Education that with every single course you can conduct a certification. What you will get is the attendance certificate as you already mentioned.

Br,

Rob

0 Kudos

Thank you Rob,

So the problem is that some consulting company (and some customer) believe that this certification exists...

Anyway..

Thanks again

Bye

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Understand. I will ask the SAP education (web) team with a friendly advise to provide information (for example at the 'note' section on the following page http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/globaltabbedcourse.epx?context=%5b%5b%7cIHE102%7c%7c%7... with extra information of the course; no standard certification.

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

Great! Could be a good solution

Thanks

0 Kudos

Dear Mattia and Rob, I see that your most recent posts about this topic are dated back to 2009. I wonder if the SLCM Certification is still just the course without any certification?

Thanks for your help!

Guillermo Mercado

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Guillermo,

There is no certification with these courses. When there is a need for a certification you can talk this over with your local SAP Education account manager. Maybe a custom 'workshop' certification can be set-up?

Best regards,

Rob