cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you delete a Value Mapping Group?

matt_austin
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have been experimenting with the Value Mapping function within Message Mapping. I was able to create a value mapping group manualy in the Config Dir. and I was successful (eventually) in transforming the data in the mesage map using the value mapping function. Now that I understood how it worked, I tried to delete my experimental value mapping group and created and activated a new one with a more appropriate name and values. However, my new value mapping group is not being used. I deleted the old one (and activated the deletion) in the Config. Dir. but the transformation is still using the old data. It is like the object did not get deleted on the server. I tried to run the SXI_CACHE delta refresh, but no change. What should I try next?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

matt_austin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sridhar, as always, your tips are very helpful!

former_member185751
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I think it may be due to cache problem and server reboot may have fixed it.

Try to debug:

From Runtime workbench-->Click on cache monitoring.

Select cache server--> Integration Server (Java cache)

cache object -->value mapping groups

Next time it happens Use this OSS note 858766 for analysing value mapping problems.

Regards,

Sridhar Rajan N

matt_austin
Explorer
0 Kudos

I got this working again. I finally had the BASIS team reboot the server, I re-activated my last Value Mapping Group object and things started working again. When all else fails, reboot!