cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow changes to SC fields for catalog items

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on SRM 5.0 (SRMServer 5.5). In contrast to free-text (non-catalog) items, EBP makes certain fields display-only when adding catalog items to shopping cart. We need to make the following fields available for user's input when the user adds a zero-priced item from the catalog:

- price

- currency

- UoM

One solution I can think of is to make EBP treat zero-priced catalog items as free-text items. To achieve that, will it be enough to implement a BAdI (e.g. BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER) to blank out CATALOGID and CATALOGITEM fields?

Failing that, can we use BBP_SC_UI_CTRL method of BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI to make price/currency/UoM available for input?

I know there're SAP Notes to make Price and UoM changeable for catalog items (693175,748855), but they all entail modifications which I'd like to stay away from as much as possible.

Thanks and Cheers,

Serguei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

you should apply the notes to open price field in case of catalog free item, because I am not sure you can control this with BADI BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI (even if it supposed to do so, according to BADI documentation).

If it does not work, you should create an OSS message.

Rgds

Christophe

Message was edited by: Christophe Denysiak

Hi Serguei,

in fact this is an error in BADI documentation, corrected with SRM Server 5.5 SP4.

So you can not use BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI for your needs.

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input, Christophe. Thankfully, I have access to both SP3 and SP4 documentation for the BAdI. You're right - there's no more mention of SC in SP4 :(.

However, method BBP_SC_UI_CTRL is still present in the BAdI. Do you know what this method can be used for?

If we apply the Notes, that will mean we'll potentially have to re-test and re-apply them after each patch?

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS note 693175 allows you to change the price for free items

regards

Suby

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Suby, thanks for your input. I mentioned Note 693175 in my first post

Christophe, any ideas re my last two questions?

Cheers,

Serguei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

you can forget BADI BBP_SC_UI_CTRL, even if there is a SC method. This one is not called at all (maybe in a further release, but as SRM 6.0 will be webdynpro based, the UI enhancements logic will certainly change..).

So just apply the proposed OSS notes, designed exactly for your needs.

I didn't checked those notes: if it is a consulting note or a note included in a SP.

In case of consulting note, you will have to reapply and retest after each SP, like for any system modification !!!

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Christophe. I got the answers to my questions. Well deserved points to you and Yann.

Cheers,

Serguei

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

These OSS notes allow you to keep the catalogID n case you need it for reporting purpose or following actions if based on catalog ID.

If you use the badi to clear catalogID, fields will be opened but forget using catalogID as criteria (see above).

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick response, Yann.

So, you confirm that the CATALOGID field is available to the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER BAdI, and that clearing it will open the fields? Also, can I assume that CATALOGID is the only criteria in price determination for my scenario - so that, when CATALOGID is blank, EBP will treat the item price as "manual price", not "catalog price"?

You've brought up a good point about reporting on this field. I'll keep it in mind.

What about the second approach: can BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI (or some other BAdI) be used to modify SC field status for the mentioned fields?

The two OSS Notes are not part of standard, they are not included in any Support Pack, so they're mods, and will be our last option to consider.

Cheers,

Serguei

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Serguei,

Yes fields will be opened if catalogid is cleared.

Maybe not the only one criteria but very simple and very often used one.

I didn't use BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI so far...

Kind regards,

Yann

former_member544585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again, Yann. I'll remember to reward you points as soon as I close the thread.

Anyone else worked with BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI (or some other BAdI) to modify SC field status?

Cheers,

Serguei