Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No budget in the current year still system is allowing actual posting

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In current year 2011 there is no budget but system allows actual postings of goods receipt in 2011.

In previous year 2010 there were some commitments created against that system is allowing goods receipt in the current year 2011.

My users concern is that if there is no budget available in current year 2011 then system should not allow for actual postings like Goods receipts etc.

Still they have not carry forwarded Budget as well as Commitment from 2010 to 2011 still system is allowing to post the goods receipt in current year 2011 against PO created in the previous year 2010.

Budget profile is set for Total Values or Overall values & Annual Values and In Availability Control sub screen Activation Type is u201C1u201D (Automatic activation during budget allocation).

In current year how i can stop the actual postings like goods receipt's if there is no budget in the current year?

Is this a standard functionality of SAP ? or Is there any problem with Budget Profile settings which needs to be changed?

Watining for valuable inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep Theurkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that our PS system is facing the same problem. In fact we strongly recommend our client to "clean all the PO commitment " at the end of the year, and then run the budget/commitment carryforward at the beginning of next year.

I also agree with Kealin that if PO is created it means the budget is already "allcoated". GR only transfer the commitment to actual post but the "allcoated" budget remain the same. You can run the budget carryforward transaction afterwards.

Regareds,

Atom

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a rule alway advice clients to have a budget of at least $1 on every project. This should then trigger a budget check so long as AVAC is activated.

I believe from ECC6(with relevant support package) there is a budget check so long as AVAC is active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think so. I am afraid it still need to use some certain user exit to meet this need in ECC 6.

Regards,

ATom

Former Member
0 Kudos

I better go recheck our system. Now am worried.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with Kealin. Logically speaking budget check would have already been done during the PO creation stage. If you are able to get through with PO creation without any error of insufficient budget system wont chek budget during GR. As mentioned it is the standard behaviour of the system.

Still if you want the system to do budget check please implement the notes suggested by Kealin.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's the standard SAP behavior

During GR, the availability control doesn't check the budget, it means even there's no budget at all for fiscal year in question, GR still can be done. You can refer to note 46209 - No availability control for goods receipts

However SAP provides an exit so the system will check the budget during GR (note 696362 - Exit: Availability control for valuated goods receipts)

Personally, I think the standard behavior makes more sense, as long as the PO document is already created (in which the system does the budget check at this stage) the system should allow goods receipt and budget insufficiency shouldn't halt this process because we already have the agreement with vendor for the goods/services to be delivered

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Kealin...Gokul....Atom for valuable inputs.

Kealin,

I have refered sap notes 46209 - No availability control for goods receipts and 696362 - Exit: Availability control for valuated goods receipts). After discussion had with my client we observed that they have already implemented user exit IM_BEHAVIOUR in year october 2008.

Now problem is that in some projects, system is allowing actual postings in current year despite there is no budget in current year.

My client is saying that in some projects user exit is working fine but in few projects not working so there is inconsistency in user exit......and the fact is this happened with few projects same I have seen.

My opinion is that if user exit is applied then it must be applicable for all the projects whenever you do the goods receipt or service entry sheet without budget then system must throw a error of budget exceeded.but it is working fine in some projects & in few projects system allows the actual postings.

I am not understanding how this can be happening or is there any other problem which needs to be corrected.

Thanks & Regrads,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

In your first post, you mentioned that

"Budget profile is set for Total Values or Overall values & Annual Values and In Availability Control sub screen Activation Type is u201C1u201D (Automatic activation during budget allocation)"

Does that mean that you have 2 different budget profile; one is set for Total budget and another is set for annual budget??

If it's so, you might need to check the budget profile for project which the exit doesn't work, it might have the budget profile set for Total Budget

But if all the settings are the same but the exit works for some projects but not for other, I think you should ask SAP Global Support

Hope it helps

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kealin,

Thanks for responding.

My client is using single budget profile for all the projects which having a following settings in that.

In Budget profile, Time Frame sub screen...... Total Values & Annual Values check boxes are on and In Availability Control sub screen...... Activation Type is u201C1u201D (Automatic activation during budget allocation).

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandeep,

Just to make sure, please check the Overall indicator located below the Activation Type, is it ticked?

If it is set then the system will check the budget against overall budget not annual budget

Regards,

Kealin

Edited by: Kealin F on Apr 26, 2010 8:41 AM

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User Eixt should not behave in that way. Please check your availbility control settings As you told you have ticked both Annual and Total in in time frame. Now Pl confirm in Budget profile - Availability control box which tick is ticked based on system will check availability control.

( Bllow is the deatails how system should behave, I understand you and not using Budget Release functionality , so 3 & 4 option will be ruled out for you )

Ind. 'Overall' Ind. 'Releases' Avail. control against ...

X - Overall budget

- - Annual budget

X X Overall budget released

- X Annual budget released

With Regards

NItin P.

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.