cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Profle Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to set up a procedure to find and assign the best-fit forecast models but now I am encountering some difficulties:

Business Requirement: Use of forecast strategy "98 - No Forecast" if a CVC had no historical data for 3 monhts; for all other CVC's use a seaonal model with "best-fit" parameters.

By using a macro I assign the forecast strategy "98 - No Forecast" to all CVC's with no historical data in the last 3 months. This works fine and the assignments are shown in transaction /sapapo/msdp_fcst2.

A composite forecast profile containing 6 different univariate profiles should be used to find the best parameter set for all other CVC's. But when using the composite forecast profile in the forecasting batch-job, the assignments of the univariate profiles are not considered and there are still forecasts created for CVC's I assigned "No Forecast" before. The flag "Always use job profile" is not set in the activity. When I use an univariate profile the assignment is considered and no forecast is carried out.

Anybody knows, whether this is the "works as designed" behaviour or if there is a way to consider the assignment of the univariate profile when starting a forecast job with a composite profile?

Thanks in advance for your help!

BR,

Alois

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is it possible for you to separate out CVCs for which u201CNo Forecast u201C stragety is to be run and exeute the job seperately ? This way you will run u201CNo Forecastu201D strategy for the required CVCs. Now, you should take care that for these CVCs there is no job run afterwards.

2.Then in the second job, you shouldrun the composite forecasting ONLY with CVCs for which there is sales in last 3 months.

3.Please also check if Note 1240167 (Background composite forecast not saved) applies for you.

Please check and confirm if this helps.

Regards

Datta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

unfortunately I cannot separate the CVC's and set up 2 different jobs. This is what I wanted to cover with the profile assignment via macro...

Note 1240167 does not apply.

We are using SCM2007 SP7

BR,

Alois