cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS billable indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I created appropriation request and then project and its details( WBS , network and activities). WBS indicators are set as planning, account and billing indicator and project status is released. Now I booked some cost thro' CATS and KB21N. No billing plan is assigned to WBS and no revenue has been planned to WBS; WBS is not assigned to any sales order. Now I would like to to turn off the billable flag of WBS via CJ02 or CJ20N.But it is coming as checked and graded and I anot able to do so.

How can I overcome this and why it is coming as greaded?

I did the similar scenario in other environment but their I am able to change the billable flag.

Any pointers.

Regards

Ashu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this Note 316986 - WBS element: Billing element indicator gray

As per the note, If you have posted actual cost to the WBSE, the billing element indicator will be set as non-editable field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahemad ,

Thanks for your reply.

But to post actual cost if account assignment indicator is set then I can do that, no need to set the billable flag. Thanks!

Regards

Ashu

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear you have not understood....If the actual cost exists for the WBSE you cannot even reset the Billing element indicator, this is Std SAP Design....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tested the scenario in other clients, WBS is created with all the indicators active, project is released, I posted actual cost to WBS's NWA.After that I went into CJ20N and billable flag was actvie but not graded and I unchecked it and saved it and system allowed me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ashu

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I posted actual cost to WBS's NWA.

You have posted cost to NWA assigned to WBSE not to WBSE directly..that is why it is allowing it to change....post the cost to WBSE directly and then check the indicator..as per the note ,the indicator should be greyed out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahemad,

Thanks a lot for your constant reply.

I posted to WBS as well and still I can change the billable flag and it's not showing as graded.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if there are any validations for WBS in the system.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no validation for WBS . Thanks!

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am testing one scenario.

As per SAP note if I am planning revenue thro' CJ42 and document is got posted now I can see the WBS billing indicator is ticked and non editable. Now again thro' CJ42 I deleted the planned revenue but when I am cheking in CJ20N the WBS's billing indicator is still non editable and ticked.

Now can I reverse the postings made thro CJ42 , is there any way to bring back the WBS billing indicator to editable mode

or it is not possible means once I have planned some revenue thro' CJ42 we can can not change the billing indicator to editable mode even though we delete the planned revenue?

Any pointers.

Regards

Ashu

Edited by: ashutosh p on Apr 26, 2010 1:11 PM

Edited by: ashutosh p on Apr 27, 2010 10:16 AM