Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Progress Version

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

How Can I default the Progress version on the netwrok activity, instead of entering manually on each activity.

In IMG Define Measurement Method as Default Value, already maintained.

Thanking you.

Best Regards,

Abdul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdul,

Unfortunately, the version cannot be defaulted for activities. In the IMG step mentioned, you can customize a measurement method as default, but not the progress version.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Regards

Martina

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

1) Can we use the IMG settings Enter Measurement Methods for Order Type to achieve this?

2) Is it possible to default Progress Version for activities through substitution?

3) Is there any user exit / BADI, wich we can use to default Progress Version for activities?

Thanking you.

Best Regards,

Abdul.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we use the IMG settings Enter Measurement Methods for Order Type to achieve this?

This path is to maintain measurement methods for orders other than networks

Is it possible to default Progress Version for activities through substitution?

progress version field is not available in std field selection for substitution. however you may try using the exit in substitution

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there any user exit / BADI, which we can use to default the Progress Version for activities?

Thanking you.

Best Regards,

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to default the measurement method when I am selecting the progress version by this settings, but where as when I am creating the activity the progress version is not getting defaulted which I need to enter manually.

Is it possible to default progress version also in the activity?

Tnx.

Abdul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you have maintained the settings as i have mentioned then system will automatically derive your progress version automatically and measurement method will be automatically derived.

check your settings again.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi e GURU,

I already maintained the setting but progress version is not getting defaulted.

System is exactly behaving as mentioned by Martina Modolell.

Tnx.

Abdul.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Standard Method.

BDC to be developed for Update.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need of BDC follow the solution suggested in this note...You can default progress version without maintaining in project objects.

Note 549097 - BADI for progress analysis: Progress methods on objects

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in IMG Define Measurement Method as Default Value, already maintained.

You will set default measurement method for a project object with respect to the progress version...so the default values will be taken only if you maintain that particular progress version...

I think we dont have any other way of maintaining the progress version to the project except my entering it manually..