cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eDMS and ERP systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

one of our customer is looking for document management system, and interesting with SAP solutions for document management.

but they use nonSAP system, and wonder if any SAP solutions like BI-BW tools exist for document management which is suitable.

when I m searching for this I saw eDMs but, actually, I have no idea about SAP DMS or eDMS.

can anyone give me brief explanations about this and the possibility of integration of eDMs with nonSAP system.

or advice me any satisfactory SAP solution.

thanx in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP DMS is a component of SAP ECC and therefore could be implemented as the initial deployment of a SAP ECC project, however, in practice this not typically the case. Most customers either implement SAP DMS in parallel to other ECC components or add SAP DMS to an existing implementation later.

Vendors conduct workshop for SAP customers to investigate their requirements for document and content management, and recommend potential scenarios for a SAP DMS deployment. Post that,you can define a SAP DMS implementation plan to fit within your current SAP roadmap.

For info on easy DMS(web-based access to SAP DMS) specifically,do browse through the below link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a0805600-a4f9-2b10-f0ad-ada7634f4199

For differences between Easy DMS and DMS, please visit the below link,

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar H.

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on Apr 21, 2010 12:04 PM

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on Apr 21, 2010 12:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In eDMS you are using folders which will be having authorizations. and SAP DMS is transaction based.Better option is you go for SAP DMS becasue for eDMS the functionalities are same but limited functions are only feasible compare to SAP DMS.

The SAP environment is required for the same. If you are planning for non-sap envirionment. It will not be best practice.

I hope this will resolve your query.

Thanks,

Ravindra