Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Modification Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

One small query on DMR,

What is the meaning of skip lot in DMR? Inspection lot itself is not generated and stock is directly posted to unrestricted? or just MIC inspection is skipped? i was expecting that the generation of inspection lot will be skipped (no lot will be generated even after you do GR) and you don't have to do UD and stock posting, but its not happening.

I have crated DMR at lot creation level, defined skipped function as you mentioned. Then assigned this DMR at header level of Q. Plan with vendor assigned in material assignment.

After GR the lot is still getting created, this has skip status where MIC's are grayed out.

My requirement is for specific material I will inspect first lot then, for next 10 GR there should not be any insp lot generated, stock should be directly posted to Unrestricted and then at next GR again lot should be generated. Is it possible using DMR

Have gone through good threads on SDN, but still not finding desired solution.

Best Reagrds,

Shekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

+What is the meaning of skip lot in DMR? Inspection lot itself is not generated and stock is directly posted to unrestricted?

Well skip means stock will be posted to unrestricted but lot will be generated.

or just MIC inspection is skipped? i was expecting that the generation of inspection lot will be skipped (no lot will be generated even after you do GR) and you don't have to do UD and stock posting, but its not happening.

when just mic is skipped then DMR must be applied at char level.(when all MIC's are skipped ,then DMR is applied at lot level)

I have crated DMR at lot creation level, defined skipped function as you mentioned. Then assigned this DMR at header level of Q. Plan with vendor assigned in material assignment.

After GR the lot is still getting created, this has skip status where MIC's are grayed out.

This is corrct behaviour.

My requirement is for specific material I will inspect first lot then, for next 10 GR there should not be any insp lot generated, stock should be directly posted to Unrestricted and then at next GR again lot should be generated. Is it possible using DMR

yes then use DMR sith

First stage: 1 inspect

second stage 10 skip

This has to work

Agsin remember stock is posted to unrestricted but lot is generated for which you have to take UD .

Auto UD can also happen .Expre QA16 & QA17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks issue solved, stock getting posted to unrestricted now. Tried this earlier was not working, but now it worked, may be something was missing earlier.

Thanks again.

Best Regards'

Shekhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar and Sujit,

Can you guide me how material is positng to unrestricted stock, i am trying, but the stock is getting posted to quality stock for skip lot. I want it to post to unrestricted stock. Please help.

Thanks

Kailash Thakkar