cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP E-Sourcing architecture

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going to implement E-Souricng 5.1 , CLM with SRM-EBP & SRM-SUS 7.0, I am a little confused about the E-Sourcing architecture:

1) In our case E-Sourcing will be deoployed in SAP J2EE, so my understanding is E-Sourcing will use the same database (oracle or DB2) with the SAP J2EE server, not necessary for a dedicated database except for SAP J2EE database, right?

2) E-Soucing & CLM will be placed behind the firwall. We are going to put a SRM-SUS portal in DMZ, so I am curious can we use this external SUS protal to replace the recommended Web server (such as apache, IIS etc)? It makes more sense for me to use one portal (SUS portal) to connect to different SAP netweaver based systems such as SRM-SUS & E-Sourcing for external access. How about CLM access via SAP portal?

3) It seems Contract Management is a seperated component from E-Soucing and can only be deployed on Win2003 32bits servers. In which scenario, is this component mandatory to be installed?

TIA

James

Edited by: Bin Hu on Apr 21, 2010 9:27 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

1) In our case E-Sourcing will be deployed in SAP J2EE, so my understanding is E-Sourcing will use the same database (oracle or DB2) with the SAP J2EE server, not necessary for a dedicated database except for SAP J2EE database, right?

Ans: Right, no need to use separate DB for ESO/CLM

2) E-Soucing & CLM will be placed behind the firwall. We are going to put a SRM-SUS portal in DMZ, so I am curious can we use this external SUS protal to replace the recommended Web server (such as apache, IIS etc)? It makes more sense for me to use one portal (SUS portal) to connect to different SAP netweaver based systems such as SRM-SUS & E-Sourcing for external access. How about CLM access via SAP portal?

Ans: yes, you can integrate ESO with SAP Portal using SSO mechanism and creating ivew for ESO/CLM

3) It seems Contract Management is a separated component from E-Soucing and can only be deployed on Win2003 32bits servers. In which scenario, is this component mandatory to be installed?

Ans: yes ESO can work without CLM to.

~Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

My research to question 1): on sizing guide, we can find both "Single DB, Single ES, multiple JE22" and "Single DB, Multiple ES, multitple J2EE" architecture. So the answer is Yes.

Still a quick question: For a PRD system, if we install DB on one server and ES on another server, we can build HA for those two server to imporve the availability, is that OK?