Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible way to Change entry through OBYL in a nonmofiable Status

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any way to change the entry through OBYL without changning the status of client from nonmodifiable to modifiable. We are using 3 GL account i.e Salary, Incentive, Reimbursement, which needs to swiched frequenlty. So right now we have to modify the client status each and every time. So i am looking for all the possible solution.

Regards,

Subhash

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a productive system of a release => 4.6C follow [note 135028|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/135028].

For a test system ... [note 356483|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/356483]

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a productive system of a release => 4.6C follow [note 135028|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/135028].

For a test system ... [note 356483|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/356483]

0 Kudos

As per the note 135028

As of Release 4.6, the corresponding indicator can be maintained directly from the IMG.

To do this, open the IMG and display the IMG structure. Position the cursor on the corresponding IMG activity and select the menu path "Edit -> Display IMG activity". On the following screen, select the Tab "Maint.objects". A list of the assigned Customizing objects is displayed. By double-clicking on the corresponding row, navigate to the Customizing object and set the Indicator "Current settings" directly.

I have set the the flag current setting, but after that still i am not able to change the entry via OBYL if the client is nonmofiable. My Ecc version is 6.0. So am i missing somehting? please suggest.

Regards,

Subhash

0 Kudos

Yes, I saw that now ... I had not been investigating the item yesterday - I thought, it was customising, but it is not: it is a transport-BOM.

What you have to do is (but please know what you are doing!) - the field CURRSETTING in table OBJH has to be set to 'X' for object V_030_T. I have been testing this by setting it via SE16 and it works.

I have no good feeling in telling you this - but I couldn't find a note or anything else on this view, so I am a bit at a loss. Perhaps you should consult your HR-funkies (since this transaction-code is for Payroll India, some kind of technical account setting) and ask them whether you are doing any damage by making this available in your P-system. Anyway: all risk is yours, agreed?

0 Kudos

Yes. Risk in entirely mine. Right now i am looking for the possible ways, before implemeting the same will consult with Payroll expers as well as SAP also. i know this is not a good idea. As per your suggestion i have verified the flag CURRSETTING in object V_030_T for table OBJH. but this table does not contains the entry of Chart of accounts as when i enter the chart of accounts name then i am not able to see any value through SE16.

Regards,

Subhash

0 Kudos

I am at a loss - this has worked for me; I have been testing it before my previous answer to make sure I do no lead you in error.

Let us check the settings step by step again, please.

- You went to SPRO in your DEV-system -> Payroll -> Payroll India -> Other Reports -> Activites in the AC-System -> Assign Technical Accounts.

- You placed your mouse on the short-text of the activity and went to: -> Edit -> Display IMG-Activity

- You switched to tabstrip 'Maint. objects'

- You double-clicked on Object F30 L

- You entered your SSCR-key etc.

- You flagged 'Current Settings' and saved and transported to ... QAS ... PRD.

- You checked in transaction SCC4 for the client you want to run OBYL in, that the role of the client is 'P' - Productive

- You waited for a buffer-refresh and started transaction OBYL.

Flagging the view in table OBJH is nice - but I was wrong there - it is not strictly necessary; for my test now I have been undoing that change and it still works.

Please check the list again ... it works on both, ECC 5.0 and ECC 6.0