cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select event not triggered in table with only one row

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am building a BI VC application where query data is displayed in a table. When the user clicks on a table row another query is then triggered and output in a second table. The output from table 1 is linked to the input of query2/table2 with a select event.

The problem that I am facing is that if there is only one row in table 1, the select event is never triggered. If, however there are two or more rows in the table the select event is triggered and query 2 is executed. I have searched the forums but all I could find on select event problems was how to avoid the initial select event.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and what is the workaround or is this a bug in Visual Composer? We are on VC 7.0 SP19.

Cheers,

Astein Meland

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have faced the same problem and we have done the workarround solutions like instead of select event we have Put Button into the main table when I click the button the I wil get the next tabel..

Thanks

Chittya Bej

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chittya,

Yes we have considered this option as well. But as we have more than one table linked together we would like to avoid having to manually click several buttons.

In the end I found Note 1364334 describing bugfixes released in VC 7.0 SP20:

"Normally, when a Visual Composer table is populated from a data service, the first row is selected by default. However, we have found that if only one data row is returned from the data service, this row is not selected by default and cannot be manually selected by clicking on it either."

So I think we will just have to upgrade our Portal to the latest support packs to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Astein

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this issue and got around it by appending blank lines to the table coming from the data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

This is a good suggestion actually. It means we could have an acceptable workaround until we do our support packs. Is there an easy way to just add blank lines to the table or do you have to merge two datasources (one being the query and another datasource with a table with just one empty row)?

Cheers,

Astein