cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO incase of DEPOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I need some clarification in below two points as far as DEPOT business is concern.

a. What are the transaction flow for the material to be sent back to manufacturing plant from depot plant, with excise point of view

b. When i transfer material from one depot to another depot, the RG23D register of second depot should get updated with which excise invoice reference (the manufacturing plant ex invoice or the sending depot excise invoice).

Request for quick response

JOY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Returns from Customer to Depot

1 Create a return order in Depot

2 Key in the invoice number and execute

3 Assign Order Reason and save

4 Create a return delivery and do PGR. Maintain storage location

5 Create Transfer posting in MB1B with movement type 453, storage location and save

6 Note down the material document reference

7 Go to J1IG to reverse excise issue posting

8 Click "Capture"

9 Key in the material document number and series group

10 Click "Details". Now select the line item and again click "More documents"

11 Key in the original excise invoice reference created at supplying plant

12 Skip all warning message and go back

13 Maintain the internal number and the year.

14 With this, entry from RG23D will be reversed

Returns from Depot to Parent Plant

1 Go to J1IG and click on red cross icon

2 Key in the material document number generated during MIGO

3 Key in Year, Series Group of Depot and execute

4 Now click on "Item" icon so that you will be taken to next screen where you will be able to see line item for RG23D cancellation

5 Save

6 System prompts you asking whether to cancel the entry

7 Click YES

8 A message will pop up stating RG23D entry is deleted

9 You can verify in table J_1EXCHDR & J_1IRG23D. Check GRPO entry in both the tables where the status should have been D

10 Original excise invoice can be cancelled in J1IH

11 Check whether DLFC entry has the status R and at this time CEIV is also created confirming excise invoice and cenvat reversal

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all thanks for such quick response. I request you to clarify my following doubts.

In Case Of Return to Manufacturing plant, the steps mention is applicable if the whole consignment is sent back to manufacturing plant. Consignment will be sent back against which document (document that will be required to get the material out of depot towards manufacturing plant).

Moreover only if a part quantity need to be returned back to manufacturing plant from depot then what will be the procedure, specially say after receiving 5 quantities at depot 2 quantity is sold and rest 3 need to be returned back to manufacturing plant as rejected or damaged.

JOY

Edited by: JOYBSHEE on Apr 22, 2010 5:15 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks