Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to message server failed

eduardo_gironas
Participant
0 Kudos

I am begining to use NCo 2.0.

I have installed SAPGUI for windows 640 C2.

I had some problems after accessing to .Net Server Explorer.

1) It asked for a file called sapmsg.ini. I never found the file and I created according to a SAP note and I could continue.

2) When trying to use the resources of BOR, I think NCo tried to connect our SAP server, because in the property of application server named Destination Type, I selected

"SAPLOGON.INI based Logon Settings". It does not connect because the next message issues:

Connect to message server failed

Connect_PM MSHOST=150.1.77.40, R3NAME=PRO, GROUP=PUBLIC

ERROR Group PUBLIC not found

TIME Sat Oct 02 18:33:43 2004

RELEASE 640

COMPONENT LG

VERSION 5

RC -6

MODULE lgxx.c

LINE 3515

DETAIL LgIGroup

COUNTER 1

I do not need to use group but the NCo asks for. How can I avoid this and continue?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_gironas
Participant
0 Kudos

Reiner:

Thanks really for your attention and explanation. I analized the saplogon.ini

I think I found the reason of the error. In the file saplogon.ini there were the next 2 lines to which I put a comment:

#[MSSysName]

#Item1=PRO

When creating a connection using saplogon (for SAPGUI 640/C2), the program calls for a new field: "system ID", I am forced to fill this. What I write there (PRO) is recorded in Item1.

There are other lines related to message server, but these are harmless:

[MSSrvName]

Item1=

[MSSrvPort]

Item1=

What do you think about this?

Best regards.

Eduardo

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to use the SAPLOGON based connections in SAP .NET Connector, they have to be valid and complete, e.g. it's necessary that the MSSrvrName section contains the message server host for the selected item. What you get in your SAPLOGON.INI depends on what you do in SAPLogon, e.g. there are buttons "New...", "Groups..." and "Server..." which all create entries with different effect.

To get going I would recommend that you either use "Custom Settings" in SAP .NET Connector and enter the parameters by hand (AppServer and SystemNumber) or you create an entry in SAPLogon with "New...".

0 Kudos

We had the same problem (SAP Longin worked, problems with message server when calling from .Net connector)

Our Solution:

1) Create the sapmsg.ini file yourself in C:\WINDOWS containing:

[Message Server]

SID=r3server.mydomain.net

Where SID is the SAP-System ID and the entry contains the full qualifiesd server name.

2) In C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ services add a line at the end:

sapmsSID 3600/tcp

(If SAP system number is 00, else compare other entries in the file)

Best regads

Alexander Sch. Zumkley

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As with all SAP client products you can either connect to a specific application server or via load balancing with a message server. In first case you need

- Application server host name or IP

- System number

- User name

- Client

- Password

In the second case you need

-R3Name (SID)

- Message Server host name or IP. If you don't specify it, you need the mapping from SID to Message Server host in sapmsg.ini.

-Logon Group (that has to exist on this message server)

- "sapms<SID> entry in etc/services file.

-Client

-Username

-Password.

As you see for Load Balancing several things must be correctly configured - usually by an SAP admin. If GUI works well, NCo will usually also work nicely.

In many cases it's easier to use a specific server instead of load balancing.