cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE and/or NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does CE fit in with NWDI? I know NWDS is considered a development tool within CE. But, is NWDI still considered the defacto JDI or does CE replace it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

CE is a name for the new Java application servers within the netweaver suite, beginning with general available Version 7.1.

NWDI is a usage typ of SAP java application servers within netweaver. Going back to NW 6.40 or older?)

NWDS is the Netweaver Development Studio an IDE based on various eclipse versions with additional sap plugins and tools to act as the deafult IDE in netweaver.

So CE is not replacing NWDI. There is a version of NWDI running on CE since CE EHP1. Functionality is the same as latest version of NWDI based on NW 7.0.

So CE and NWDI is like, apples and pears 🐵 Just kitting

Hope this answers your question.

Have a good time

Jan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JMT

NWDI is nothing but the version control for Web Dynpro application from NWDS.

CE will not replace it but use it with new functionalities.

Search for NWDI in CE.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

no offense, but I disagree with you here, NWDI is far more than just a versioning tool for webdynpro apps.

It can be used for any J2EE applications, Visual Composer apss and so on. Plus there is the build and transport options of CBS and DTR.

I don't want to lecture you, because I think you know that, and I respect your work here! But in my opinion your answers was a bit inaccurate in this case.

Thanks for your understanding

Jan

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I appreciate your good comment and lecture on this thread. You must know primarily mean for NWDI is version control/transport activities in different landscape for any application which you want to develop in NWDS/other tools.

I will more appreciate if you afford more time on commenting actual issue in the thread. First understand the question:-

How does CE fit in with NWDI? I know NWDS is considered a development tool within CE. But, is NWDI still considered the defacto JDI or does CE replace it?

My comment - CE will not replace it but use it with new functionalities of NWDI for version control as developer perspective and transport activities in different landscape administrator perspective.

Anyways No issue. Keep helping others!!!

Hope it you understand.

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Edited by: Arun Jaiswal on Apr 22, 2010 12:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

sure no problem, but I thought I responded to the actual question in this thread in my response on Apr 21, 2010 1:19 AM...

Doesn't matter...

Jan

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

For that case, I m sorry by mistake i have replied to on response to you but my actual intentaion was to resovle the issue for the thread.

Enjoy

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

sure we are cool

Its a pleasure posting here with you in SDN. But I agree with you lets focus on the questions.

Have a good time

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the best practice of installing NWDI usage type on development server? For NW 7.0 we used to install NWDI on different server(NWDI Server) and other usages like EP, development on different server(DEV Server). Would it hold the same for CE i.e. having 2 separate instance of CE one for NWDI usage and other for DEV?

Thanks