cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File adapter - DataTime stamp at the end of aarchived file name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am archiving the file once PI file sender adapter picks the file from source directory.

The file is archived in the archive directory as <Date-Time-SSS_>FileName.

I need to append the value <Date-Time-SSS_> after the file name.

So archived file looks like FileName_<Date-Time-SSS>

How can I achieve this? Appreciate your help for valuable suggestions.

Thanks,

Namadev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions.

I verified, the archived file carries the same name as the source file, and archived file also carries the timestamp in the file name.

The timestamp is put before the file name.

My need is to put the timestamp at the end of the file.

Let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks,

Namadev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Namadev,

If you select the archive option in the sender file channel and give the processing parameters as add timestamp, you should see timestamp added to the end of the FileName. it will most certainly be always timestamp at the end of the file. check with your BASIS team.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namdev,

Generally when we archive file then in sender CC we just put the processing mode as Archive and specify the Archived directory name in Archive Directory section. in that case when the Communication channel pick the source file then after picking it it remove it from source directory and put it into Archived directory without making any change in the file name.

so if the file name is A.txt then in Archived directory also its name will be A.txt . However if you want to make any change in the name of the source file in the archived directory then you have two write Unix or DOC scrpt( depending upon your soure server )

if your source server is Unix then write shell script otherwise dos scriprt

.after wrtting the shell script just place in the archived directory or your source directory and call it in by mentioning it in Coomand Line section of your sender CC. You can easily search and get the required shell script .

Regards,

Saurabh