cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I cannot enter an "Activity Type" for a trip with only one destination?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Doing a travel expense the user must specify the type of activity (u201CAu201D, u201COu201D or u201CSu201D) that the trip expense is involved, but this option itu2019s only available when the trip has more than one destination (inside the table u201CAdditional Destinationsu201D):

[Screen Shot # 1|http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1789/acttype.jpg]

[Screen Shot # 2|http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8812/ptk05.jpg]

When I make a travel expense report, the field activity does not

appear, only on additional destination. Why cannot I enter an activity

type for the first destination, only for additional destination?

I think that the system should allow to enter an activity on general

trip data.

Thanks on advance

Edited by: Luiz Victor Santos on Apr 20, 2010 10:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luiz,

I think you need to create the Activity type master first and assign it to country Brazil.

Pls check this.

Rgds,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Thanks a lot for your support but can you explain a little bit further?

How can i create this Activity type master first and assign it to country Brazil?

Kindly regards,

Luiz Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please, anyone?

Regards

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you configure your schema correctly ?

Maybe you only open the field in "Trip itinerary" screen and not in "General trip data" screen.

Please check here :

Tx FITVFELD.

--> Your Trip Provision Variant. --> Trip Schema --> Travel Expense Manager --> General Trip Data and Per Diems/Flat Rates

The Field "Trip Activity Type - PTP02-KZTKT" should have the parameters "Field Is Visible" and "Field ready for input" checked.

Hope this help.

Regards,

T&E Consulting.

Christophe DARS

[http://www.te-consulting.fr]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christopher,

Thanks a lot for your support, i did exactly as you told me to do in the development environment but the changes seems to have no effect when I save.

When i enter the TRIP transaction the field still doesn't appear.

Any idea why?

Kindly Regards!

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry I gave you the customizing entry for transaction PR05 and not for TRIP.

So, go there :

Tx FITVFELD.

--> Your Trip Provision Variant. --> Trip Schema --> Travel Manager (Travel Expenses Only) --> General Trip Data --> Trip Itinerary

The Field "Trip Activity Type - PTK05_N-KZTKT " should have the parameters "Field Is Visible" and "Field ready for input" checked.

As you can see, the entry point is in "Trip itinerary" Subscreen and not in "General Trip Data Subscreen".

This means that unfortunately the Trip Activity Type is not available in the subscreen General Trip Data.

If I do like this in my test system, in the TRIP tx I can see that the field Activity Type appears also in the subscreen "Mileage and Per Diem Reimbursement". So If I enter my activity type here, then it populates the value in my first destination (in Trip Itinerary) even if I have only one destination.

Hope this help ;o)

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christopher,

I did exactly as you told me but the changes that i made doesnt seem to have any effect after i save and test.

I mean, the field still doesnt appear.

Do you know why?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by: Luiz Victor Santos on Apr 30, 2010 8:22 PM

former_member189496
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz,

As I told in my message, the field is not available in General Trip Data screen in the TRIP tx.

But It should be there in the subscreen Mileage and Per Diem Reimbursement.

Is it the case for you ?

Then when you populate the field in this subscreen it will also populate the field in your first destination in the subscreen Additional Destination.

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Christopher!

it's not exactly what i needed but its a helpful answer!

Answers (0)