cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on file to Idoc scenario, this is going to be a huge volume scenario( may be 50K messages at a time from legacy). So SAP folks needed the maximum records in a Idoc would be "10000" and should processed for 5 times.

How can I achieve the same in XI. Please help me out.

-Esha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use parameter at Sender communication channel as xml.recordsetsPerMessage = 10000 records. It will create one message for each 10000 records so you will get 5 messages in PI which will pass 5 IDOC to Target.

Regards

Sushil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

Please have a look at this blog which will give you an idea on how to configure channel for Recordsets per Message.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

After setting recordsets Per message in the sender channel So, Every 1000 records will be clubbed as single message, and will be passed to the integration engine and processed individually.

There is another way to do this , In mapping you can count the record sets and for every 1000 records create a new IDOC using multi mapping concept.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on file to Idoc scenario, this is going to be a huge volume scenario( may be 50K messages at a time from legacy). So SAP folks needed the maximum records in a Idoc would be "10000" and should processed for 5 times.

You can use BPM to achieve this.

But I have a different concern. Will you be having 50,000 different messages or 50,000 records in one file?? What is the approximate payload size for the message?

You need to be clear with your answers to my above questions before bringing in such a huge volume of messages. Chunking the file into smaller pieces will be a good idea.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use the below parameter in sender file communication channel : - xml.recordsetsPerMessage ans set it equal to 5

Thanks