Hello Community,

we have the following requirement in SRM 5.0:

1. User creates SC

2. Classic PO is sent to Supplier

3. Supplier sends invoice with different price

=> PO needs to be adjusted to fit to invoice

5. User changes SC

6. PO is updated

I know that in SRM standard this is not possible.

Mabye someone has come across a similar requirement and found a solution about how to "enhance" SRM.

Thanks in advance and greetings

Julian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juilan,

I know what you mean, but I cannot understand the business logic behind.

From the other hand it also would be quite hard to realize technically the SC change once it"s ordered. Please consider the following points:

- The changeability of the SC is controlled by the SC status. Once the SC is approved, it can't be changed any more. This would be the first point you would need to modificate.

- How do you handle SC approval?

- You need to take also care, that the event 'Setreleased' starts a new transfer for the SC. In this case double PO is created for the same SC.

- When you modificate the SC to allow the change, how do you handle the SC versions? Is it OK for you that the last change version will differ from the actual version?

- How do you make sure, that the processor updates the SC indeed with the correct price.

Instead of this whole change, I would rather change the follow-on document type to 'always purchase requisition'. You can generate from the purchase requisition a PO automatically in the backend, and when you need, you can update the price later on.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

thanks for your very helpful reply.

Business background:my customer wants to move responsibility away from purchasing to the requisitioner. Requisitioners shall be able to create free text SCs up to 1000 u20AC which directly create classic POs as follow-on documents. I can achieve this with the usual BAdIs (e.g. BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI) so that the "preferred supplier" becomes the "real supplier" and a PO can directly be created.

But then the requisitioner might make mistakes. On the other hand, when the requisitioner puts in the wrong (e.g. lower) price this would circumvent the SC workflow. Therefore a later SC change with SC worfklow restart would be nice to ensure compliance. And also it would allow to move responsibility to the requisitioner without making him use complicated SAP GUI transactions (e.g. to change the PO or PR himself).

Another possibility would be to force the requisitioner to cancel and recreate the SC in case the wrong price is used. But that might not lead to a lot of acceptance at the end-user side.

Regards, Julian

peter_novoth
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

I would estimate several weeks for this modification effort.

But what do you think about the PO creation?

The requestor can also create directly the PO in the SRM system (even the extended classic PO can be created with backend reference), and there you can also use the workflow with the 1000 u20AC limit. If you want you can also use the completion workflow. This has the advantage, that you can change the price later on.

In this case you can use the standard.

Other idea, that you use a mandatory catalog ordering. In the catalog you maintain the correct prices, and the requestor can't choose a wrong price.

For special cases the requestor can use the free text items which will be checked by the purchaser.

Regards,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

5. User changes SC

6. Updated PO

PO can change qunatity reduced and again sc comes to cockpit

What udate you are doing there in the sc. - i may not agre for update change in sc.

Muthu