cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assembly failed while transporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have one query regarding the activation and assembly.

We have did some changes in the code and we activated , it was succesfull and it has been reflected in development server.

But while transporting to testing server the assembly was failed.

previously we had some failed activities and that had been fixed and now it is giving problem while transaporting to testing server.

My question is now the problem lies in nwdi or in NWDS. From forum i got that it may due to broken DC's.

But now there is no error in code and changes were reflected in development server. Is there still anything to do with NWDS?

or its purely a NWDI problem.

Could anyone clear my doubt.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest thing would be, that you post the log entry of the assembly step. So we can give you a more focused tip on what is going on.

Although please check the following:

Are there broken DC in CONS of your Track?

Are there still activities waiting for release? Please note that in default there is a filter in transport view. Change it to all users and all activities.

In my experince, failed assemblies are almost always related to incomplete or inconsistent releases.

But as said before. NWDI will tell you in the assembly log what went wrong.

Kind Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jan,

My doubt is before we have some failed activities and now activities are successful andnow everything is fine. even if the

assembly is failing due to broken DC as you said what can we do in NWDS?.

Since now activities are successful it means everything is fine and there are no errors right?.

So eventhough if the log shows some broken DC's what changes can we do in NWDS now? now it is error free na.

can you clear my doubt.

Thanks,swarnapraaksh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swarnapraaksh,

Activating an activity successfully does not necessarily imply, that there are no broken DCs in the track. To make sure proceed as follows:

- Open CBS GUI (http://hostname:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc.CBS.WebUI/WebUI).

- Check your track in the table. Check if the number in broken dc column is 0. If not click on the track to get more details.

If there are broken DCs. Please read this document.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30b7c94e-fc6b-2910-30b8-d34a7b513...

Kind Regards

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your solution.The issue has been resolved now.

Thanks, swarnaprakash

Answers (0)