cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement type determination in sale order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand, requirement type in sale order is determined firstly by strategy group in MRP 3 View and lastly by Item category

My case is as below:

1. Sale made on 13.04 using Doc type ZDBB

ZDBB assigned to Item Catg ZBUI and ZBUI is assigned to Req Type ZWBS

Material ABC in the sale order is assigned to Strategy group 10 which is assigned to Req Type KSL

However, The Req type populated in the sale order was ZWBS, which is what we wanted

2. Customer is returning the same material ABC on 19.04

Return order is made w.r.f to billing document...

Sales Doc type used is ZDRE...

ZDRE is assigned to Item catg REN and REN is assigned to Req Type ZWBS

However, this time the Req Type in the return sale order is KSL which is not we want....

I tried removing the Strategy group from material master and then create the Return Order... In this case it correctly picks the Req Type as ZWBS

To sum up, in the return order, the Req Type is getting determined from the MRP view where as the original sales order took it from Item Category assignment... I am unable to fix this out... Any suggestions?

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

In both cases (Standard order and the return order) the requirements type is defaulted based on the Material master's startegy group. If there is no startegy group assigned in the material master or if the MRP view is nbot created then it would default it to the requirements type based on item category chosen. This is the standard behavior.

In guess in your case the Sales order the requirement type has been manually changed to the ZWBS in the SO item. Check the change history for the item to see whether this is the case (provided if the change of the req type is done after saving the SO the intial time)

Please check and revert back.

Regards,

Kathir

Answers (0)