cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Not CIF'ing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone let me know why a material won't CIF over to APO. We have a material plant combination in R/3 and we are not able to CIF the material over. It works for other plants but not this specific one.

There is no error message given and the CIF does not fail. The plant has been CIF'd over to APO.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

1. After execution CFM1 transaction, please confirm that the material is included in the integration model for the plant. Please check in the table MARC, the indicator APOKZ (material relevant for APO) is set to 3 (is active in the APO integration model (automatically set)).

2. Please check if by mistake the material is not included in two integration models ( and both are active).

3. After Integration model activation check in CFM5 transaction that the material is actually activated in SAP R/3. In addition,transaction /SAPAPO/PROD_CD_READ tells us about the changes done at APO level based on integration model creation and subsequent

changes.

4. You can execute report RIMODINI for that single material to send it through to APO.

Please check and confirm if these things help.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I execute RIMODINI I get the following error message;

Location does not exist for external location 0305, type 1040, and BSG CCD

Thanks

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob,

This could mean

1. That you have an errored queue lingering from a previous transaction that hasn't cleared yet

or

2. That the material you are sending across has been extended to a location 0305 in ERP, but the location has not yet been sent to SCM.

In the case of 1, use transaction SMQ1 in the source system (ERP). If you are in a test or dev environment, just delete the errored queue. If this is a prod system, you need to first find out what the underlying problem is and correct it.

In the case of 2, I am not real familiar with location type 1040 (which is called "Store" in SCM), but 'somehow' this location needs to be sent to SCM prior to sending the material master across. Perhaps in another integration model.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

There are couple of OSS notes about the location type.

Note 458914 ( Consulting note: Sample code for inbound user exit locations).

Note 819937 ( Correct BW extraction to use Ext. Location numbers)

Note 1224130 ( Location master date transfer after implementing user exit )

Note 911347 : Stores ignored in SAP APO

Note 896482 : CIF IMO: Store integration

I hope this may help you.

Please check and confirm.

Regards

Datta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were able CIF the material over. The issue was due to the location type 1001 for the plant. I ran a report /sapapo/change_loctype and it changed the location type to 1002 and then when the material IM was activated, the products came through.

Thanks

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Alongwith Datta suggested, also check whether MRP type XO is

maintained in R/3. Also check other MM/purchasing views are

maintained properly.

When you enter selection criteria in CFM1 and press execute and

check whether your location product under error is getting displayed

as one entry value. If not, your material is not recognised by the

model.

Also check whether any block indicator is set for location product.

in R/3

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.