cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Dynamic Images in to a Crystal Report 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to insert dynamic pictures into my report from repository, by getting the path for the picture from database fields. The version that I am using is Crystal Reports 10.

Here is what I have done.

I inserted an OLE object into the report, went to "Format Graphics" by right clicking on the OLE object, then to "Hyperlink" Tab (as I didn't see anything other than "Reset" button and picture dimension options under the "Picture" tab), and selected "File" Radio button (as I didn't want to display the picture as Hyperlink) and gave the @Filepath as the formula there. @Filepath is the formula that gives me the complete path for the JPEG that I need to insert in the report.

filepath = field A + field B

where field A is the location for the image and field B is the actual image name.

the actual image is located in repository folder.

I am not able to see the image in the report "Preview" section as it is showing it has an empty box and when I click on that empty OLE object, I am able to view the image in a separate window where as my requirement is to view the image within the report (not in a separate window).

I didn't find anything useful under Format Graphics -> Picture tab.

I appreciate any kind of help from you all.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

That feature wasn't available nor was it supported in CR 10. You'll have to upgrade to CR Xi R2 or 2008 to allow using a database field as the location of the file.

CR 10 would only load the picture when the report is opened, it will never update when clicking on the refresh button.