cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL account for FI-CA for receivables/payables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I have a simple question....when using FI-CA (because of SLcM), what kind of a GL account should the accounts for receivables/payables be? Should they be a normal GL accounts (maybe with the flag for open item management), or a reconciliation accounts with account type V (contract accounts receivable)? Or maybe something third....

I have to define accounts under following IMG node: SLcM - Student accounting - Fees - Posting - FI-CA documents - Define accounts for Receivables/Payables

Please help,

Nikolina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikolina, when using FI-CA the accounts receivables should be reconciliation accounts with account type V.

Best regards.

Cristóbal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cristobal thank you very much for your answer and I hope that you will understand why I won't award this answer just yet, but I want to be sure that you understood my question correctly.

I'm not talking about customers or integration with CRM, but an integration with student accounting where students are created as business partners with BP roles Student and Contract partner.

I'm just asking once again because I think that somewhere I read that it shouldn't be a reconciliation account but a normal GL account. But maybe I understood it in a wrong way or maybe it was regarded to some other customizing step.

So please just confirm if your answer is still the same considering the information above.

Thnx

Nikolina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Nikolina, the accounts receivables for your students should be reconciliation accounts with type V (if you are using PSCD to manage AR). This definition is independent of whether you are using CRM or not.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Cristobal.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry...didn't see that it's another person. Thank you as well.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Indeed, the G/L Account(s) you are setting-up in Posting Area "Receivables/Payables Account" (depending on Industry Solution P000, R000, T000, ....) should be configured as 'Recon.account for acct.type: V Contracts accounts receivable'.

This 'V' is a new entry available when using Contract Accounting, others are A Assets, D Customer, K Vendors or blanco.

Note that for Doubtful & Write Off processes, the adjustment account (most of the times in the same range of the recon.account receivable) should not be configured with this type 'V'.

Hoping this helps.

Contract Accounting-regards from Belgium.

David

PS: When using Billing & Invoicing, also posting area 2611 should have these 'V' reconc. accounts !

Former Member
0 Kudos