cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where used list of context nodes and attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've defined some nodes and attributes in the componentcontroller. I have many views, and I use on these views many of the componentcontroller's nodes and attributes. Now I would like to know, where am i using a specified node (and it's aatributes).

However using the "where used" button is not possible from the componentcontroller's context section (always got an error, "where used list is not supported"), so I'm looking for a better solution, than checking manually all of the source codes.

I don't want to delete or rename it to get some syntax errors, if it is possible a better solution is welcome.

Thank you

Tamá

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm on 7.02 release and where used functionality for Context Node works for me.

Can you check you NW release.

regards

manas dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like this feature is only enabled from 7.02, I checked in older releases and it was not working.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Seems like this feature is only enabled from 7.02, I checked in older releases and it was not working.

Correct. The where used list on the Context was new in NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 2.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi Tamás,

Yes there is a way to find the attributes and nodes of component controller in different views.

Follow the steps,

1. In se24 open a class name CL_WDY_WB_NAMING_SERVICE.
2. Execute the class CL_WDY_WB_NAMING_SERVICE.
3. Now under methods, execute GET_CLASSNAME_FOR_COMPONENT
4. Now give import parameter p_component your web dynpro application name
    say my web dynpro application name is ZFLIGHT_WDR_APP.
5. Execute it.

Now you will get result p_classname there.
6. Copy the class name and again go to se24 the display the copied class name
    and press CTRL + F and type the node name or attribute name that you want to search.

7. It will display all the occurences of that Node or Attribute, There you can search the Views that
    has used the node or attribute you have entered.

I hope it helps you.

Regards and Best wishes.