cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection type - 04 and 03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

For a material produced in house I have maintained inspection type 03 (inprocess) and 04 (GR inspection).

The MICs for In process inspection maintained them in Master Recipe and MICs for GR inspection maintained them in inspection plans. But when a process order is released only one inspection lot is getting generated i.e for only in process quality inspection and other inspection lot i.e. for goods receipt inspection is not getting generated.

Any idea what may be the problem. How do I rectify it?

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Pavan

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The system is behaving as it should.

The 04 lot is not normally created until the production people have done a GR against the order. That is when you will see the 04 lot get created. Not before.

In the 04 inspection type setup there is field called cntrl insp. lot. In this field you can choose "Early lot creation". in this case then the 04 lot will also be created when the order is released. Just like the 03. Using this can however can impact how additonal receipts against the order are handled. The time the UD is made on the 04 can also impact this.

So I woudl suggest thorough testing on using early lot creation versus not using it.

FF