cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wait time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in our business after machining we need to keep the product in an area for 30 mins. after that the product will be moved to second operation. i think we can capture those 30 mins thru wait time. pls advise where and how to capture that 30 mins. pls note that we want to capture the cost of that 30 mins also. pls suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can do this with WC for calculation of interoperation time.

1. In work center CR01 or CR02, Scheduling tab page, give the Std Queue time as 30 min. Since it is not depends on the qty of the operation, system will show 30 min as inter operation time.

2. Create a operation with Scheduling formula if you want to confirm the waiting operation also.

3.In CA01 or CA02 operation details screen minimum wait time has to be enter in the operation (view "Interoperation times")

Then go to transaction CA02 ( change routing ) and schedule routing using following menu:

Extras -> Scheduling -> Schedule

In scheduling overview screen press on 'Scheduling results' button. Scheduled interoperation time calculated.

Also note the wait time is scheduled according to the Gregorian calendar, i.e. neither a factory calendar nor the capacity of the work center are taken into account.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not very sure but if you have different work centers for say two different stations wherein you hold the material for 30 min,then you can do the RR based on the operations.say for first operation completed & confirmed , then starting of the second/next operation can be entered in the system.(or result recording of the first & second operation's can be calculated)Differnce between these 2 can be recorded in system or can be customized.

I hope this will add some value.