cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Text value of ON_ACTION item Clicked

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would I get the text Value of the onaction item that the User has selected ? For example I can see in the webdynpro program that CLASS=CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT}-PARAMETERS[1]-VALUE contains the Value COST_ASSIGNMENT . In a user exit I need to add additional checks depending on this value, how can I reference this is the code to check this particular value.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can read parameters from wdevent by this:

DATA ls_parameters TYPE wdr_event_parameter.
FIELD-SYMBOLS <lv_id> TYPE string.
READ TABLE wdevent->parameters into ls_parameters with KEY name = 'ID'.
ASSIGN ls_parameters-value->* TO <lv_id> CASTING.

Maybe you have to change name = 'ID' to name = 'somethingelse'

Best regards Jiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...The code I am adding is in a user exit so I don't have access to WDEVENT. Is there a way to just pull it out of the field

2020*\CLASS=CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT}-PARAMETERS[1]-VALUE ?

Jim

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks...The code I am adding is in a user exit so I don't have access to WDEVENT. Is there a way to just pull it out of the field

> 2020*\CLASS=CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT}-PARAMETERS[1]-VALUE ?

>

> Jim

I'm confused by your response. In one sentecne you say you don't have access to WDEVENT, but in the next you state you have a debugger variable of type CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT - which is WDEVENT. It might be named the same becuase it is a parameter passed into the exit, but that is WDEVENT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I understand what you are saying; I not too familiar with Class coding so I not sure how to write the code that would pull the value off that field into another..Thanks for the help.