Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Forms: Adobe reader 7.0.8 vs Adobe reader 9.3.0

akimol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a process with HCM forms and processes framework (EHP4 SP 11). It has three stages (steps).

Step A: some display fields + some fields with dropdowns (All fields from Step B are display only)

Step B: Some more fields (All fields from Step A are display only)

Steps C: All fields display only (except New comments).

T1. When I test this process with three diff. test user ids from portal (WebDynpro ABAP) via citrix (IE6 + Adobe reader 7.0.8) it works like a charm.

T2. But when other person tests this process with same test user ids from portal (WebDynpro ABAP) via local machine (IE6? + Adobe reader 9.3.0). There are lot of issues like:

1. Step A: The new comments field is still editable at 'Check and send' step.

2. Step A or C: One particular field of step B with DD, is kind of non-editable (not able to enter any data) as it should be, but the validation message that I am giving on the 'exit' event keeps popping up.

3.(MAJOR) Step C: All the data and the comments that were entered at step B are lost. All those fields come blank.

4. Also if I do Back to author from Step C to Step B and BTA from step B to Step A (entering a new comment at every step). By the time the form comes to the initiator in step A (EDIT form step) all the comments from previous steps are gone.

And keep none of these issues are replicated in test scenario T1. I am kind of lost between all those SAP notes which are not helping.

Additional info:

The forms are designed with ZCI layout.

SAP_BASIS & SAP_ABAP: 701 SP 5

SAP_HR: 604 SP 11

ALC Designer: 7.1.4270.1.421766

Thanks in advance.

~Amit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

First of all, please note that Adobe Reader 7.0.8 was never supported for Web Dynpro ABAP SAP Interactive Forms integration. Adobe Reader 7.0.9 was the first supported Reader version (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1core/helpdata/en/48/a06778fb696bb9e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm -> Prerequisites). SAP recommends to use the newest availabe Adobe Reader version.

I'd like to ask you which Adobe Document Services (ADS) you are using? From a developer point of view, it's easiest to use the ADS from the same release/SP (i.e. SAP NetWeaver 70 EhP1 SP5, JAVA Stack!): You don't have to take care about updating the ZCI script of your forms in that case. If you are using an ADS from SAP NetWeaver 700, you should install the newest available ADS and upgrade the ZCI script of your form manually (see note 999998).

If this doesn't help, I recommend to open a customer message.

Ralf

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have just received an answer from the pro, thank you Ralf, I second all you have said. Otto

akimol
Explorer
0 Kudos

@Ralf,

ADS version: 802.20090618120017.572641

@Otto,

Thanks for your replies.

@Jigar,

Currently I do not have that library, but I will check it out. I have used the ISR controls library for most of the fields. (In my opinion the fields from diff. libraries are just standard fields with some script coding added to their events like 'form:ready', 'layout:ready' and 'exit' etc. So as long as you have same script code in those events, it should not matter.)

But the ball is in SAP's (OSS) court now.

~Amit.

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

ADS version: That's the correct version of the Adobe Document Services. I can't see a problem with the ADS configration or the Web Dynpro framework at the moment. So I assume there's a problem within the form. Unfortunately, I've no experience with HCM forms.

Regards,

Ralf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jigarlotia
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using HR Admin Library when designing the form? This library has the necessary scriptings to make fields editable / readonly / invisible based on the process fields configuration in different scenario steps.

Refer to Note 973170 - New library for "SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe"

Thanks,

Jigar

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand that is not a direct help, but if I were you I would start with replacing the LCD 7.1 with LCD 8.1 (what an improvement!!) and downgrade Reader 9.3 to 8.1 (from my experience this is the best Reader ever). I am sorry I cannot provide anything more to help, but have no knowledge of HCMPF.

Regards Otto

akimol
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. I am aware of that option but I am not sure after ALC 8.1 upgrade how much rework needs to be done. Only matter of opening the forms and updating the container_JS script and activate it OR the entire form needs to be redesigned (ouch!!!)?

2. Restricting what version of adobe reader the every end user must use, is going to be a cumbersome activity for large number of users accross many countries.

3. Most baffling thing for me is that what ever works with 7.0.8, does not work with "upgraded" 9.3 version.

I have seen other issues being reported where its other way round and somehow you could justify that so and so feature/functionality will work with only so and so version and above (?).

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) no changes must be done in the forms. This is just the better editor/ designer, more stable, with more functionality, well... it is not faster, but it is worth the change immediately (of course if you´re not on a project which has to be finished in hours/ days).

2) you can implement a check, what version of the Reader the user is running. This check will be a simple JavaScript, you will run it when the form is opened and the message will say something like "this form is best viewed with Reader 8.1, if you´re running any other version, you may experience unexpected behavior".

3) I understand your feelings, but weird behavior of 9.3 has been reported few times. I try to warn you, nothing more or less.

Regards Otto