cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Change status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I created a status profile,with 2 statuses and assigned the same to a project. When I try to change the status to the second status, I am getting an error that "Status not allowed"

Details are as follows:

-

Message no. BS042

Diagnosis

The user status 't2' has reference number 20. In the current object status 'PRJ CHD-TE79', the reference number of a status may not be higher than 10.

Procedure

You can only set user status whose reference number is not higher than 10.

-

please advise,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For that user status profile you need to check higher status allowed for the t2, in higher status you need to put 20.

With Regards

Niitn P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

As suggested by you, I checked my status allowed for t2, it was already 20. However I had a status reference of 10 for t1, I changed highest status no for t1 as 20. This solved my problem but I would certainly like to know about this behavior by system.

Is it that the system follows the highest status no of the initial status i.e. t1?

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Manish

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is correct behaviour - for example let us say you need to set status T1, T2, T3 at various stages

e.g.

T1 Low 10 High 15

T2 Low 20 High 50

T3 Low 50 High 80

in this case you will never be able to set T2 from T1

So you have to provide overlap

T1 Low 10 High 20

T2 Low 20 High 50

T3 Low 50 High 80

Now you can go from T1 to T2, then from T2 to T3 etc

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the User Status profile configuration and change the sequence/reference numbers there and try. As suggested by Nitin it should work.

Regards,

Gokul