cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic update of condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i am working on SAP ECC5.0 environment with tax procedure TAXINJ. one problem i am facing with my excise condition type i.e. in an existing sales order (whose partial delivery is already done) when i am updating order qty, my condition value for base price is changing automatically but my excise value remains unchanged. the detail example is given bellow:-

e.g. sales order qty = 10 kg

base price amount = 2000/-

base price condition value = 2000*10 = 20000/-

excise duty = 10%

excise duty condition value = 10% of 20000 = 2000/-

now 2 kg delivery done

now the open qty for the same sales order is 8 kg, if i am for some reason updating it to 5 kg

then the new pricing should be

Qty = 5 kg (open qty 3 kg)

base price condition value = 2000*5 = 10000/-

excise duty = 10%

excise duty condition value = 10% of 10000 = 1000/-

but here the excise duty condition value remai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i am working on SAP ECC5.0 environment with tax procedure TAXINJ. one problem i am facing with my excise condition type i.e. in an existing sales order (whose partial delivery is already done) when i am updating order qty, my condition value for base price is changing automatically but my excise value remains unchanged. the detail example is given bellow:-

e.g. sales order qty = 10 kg

base price condition value = 2000*10 = 20000/-

excise duty = 10%

excise duty condition value = 10% of 20000 = 2000/-

now 2 kg delivery done

now the open qty for the same sales order is 8 kg, if i am for some reason updating it to 5 kg

then the new pricing should be

Qty = 5 kg (open qty 3 kg)

base price condition value = 2000*5 = 10000/-

excise duty = 10%

excise duty condition value = 10% of 10000 = 1000/-

but here the excise duty condition value remaining 2000/- which result a calculation error in billing document. however when i am updating the condition in billing document manually, then system is taking correct value i.e. 1000/-. but i want this should be automatic and at sales order level itself.

please guide me how this can be done.

thanks and regards,

bkr

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

In Sales Order, when you change the Quantity, go to LIne item Details, Conditions Tab, Clilck on the "Update Button".

Here select "G" - Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes.

This will update the Taxes as per the changed Quantity.

Hope this helps. .

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnx for the reply,

but condition update option is not coming in sales order, it is only coming in billing documnet. i.e. the option "UPDATE" is coming in condition tab but in non editable mode. so i am unable to update the condition at sales order leve. how can i make it active at sales order level?

Thanks and Regards,

BKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

An alternative approach is change the order Qty of the partially delievered line item = delivered qty. Then create a new line with 3 qty,. then the excise tax will apply correctly in order.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again i dont think it is a solution to this issue. my doubts are

1. why the update option in condition tab is not active in sales order where as it is active in billing document? what changes do i need to make in the system to make it active in the sales order?

2. Is there any option so that by changing qty all the condition will get updated automatically? then there will be no need ofmanual updation of condition.

help me resolving this issue in a more logical way.

Thanks and Regards,

BKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is a subsequent delievery and / or Invoice of the line item, the update option will be disabled. In the Invocie you can carry out new pricing before saving the inovice / before releasing to accounting.

Changing the quantity will update the condition values and does not bring in new or updated condition records. If you want to reprice, you will have to either change sold to / ship to /route / item category / material.

Regards

Sai

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. why the update option in condition tab is not active in sales order 
    where as it is active in billing document? what changes do i need
      to make in the system to make it active in the sales order?

2. Is there any option so that by changing qty all the condition will  get 
     updated automatically? then there will be no need ofmanual updation of condition.

For both your above questions, the answer is if there is any subsequent document for the selected line item, then neither the Update button would be editable nor the price changes when you change the quantity. The left out option is that either you have to create a new line item or create a new sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (0)