Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPgui 7.20 not showing SSO login in status

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi !

Previously in 7.10 whenever you login with SSO it would display a "success" message in bottom left-hand status bar. The message is similar to the "Processing of 0 front-end requests restarted (0 reactivated)" you get whenever you login except it would display the SNC login name or mapping with a tick for successful authenticated logins.

How do I get it to display the same in SAPgui 7.20 ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Nelis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nelis -

I am not offering much here since I am not sure why it may not be displayed for you. I can only say that we are currently testing 7.20 and we do get the information you state is missing from the lower left corner.

It displays:

u221A SNC Logon by client userid for p:username@domain

I tried other themes just to see if it was specific to maybe not being seen in the SAP Signature Design, as I have read that some things are not where they used to be in that in that theme. I tried various ones such as Enjoy, etc. and they all seem to reflect the status once signing on via SSO.

Regards,

Zecher

*edit*

Not sure if this helps but may point you in a direction.

I did look under the performance assistant and the message that displays this information in that area is Message no. SNC009

Technical information states:

Application area SNC

Message Class SNC

Message Number 009

Package SECN

Edited by: Michael Zecher on Apr 20, 2010 11:24 AM

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Michael. Will have to dig around and if necessary open a OSS call because we too want to roll it out and people are not happy without some sort of indication of a successful authenticated login. You can still see your login info user, client etc after the login but not seeing an initial status message makes people nervous.

Additional information: We're using SAP ERP6 on Linux 64bit and MaxDB 7.6 with Kerberos on Windows 2003 AD. XP/Vista/Win7 clients. SAPgui being upgraded from 7.10 not new install.

Issue remains.

Nelis

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue is not SAPgui related as I first thought, it appears to be related to the support package or kernel patch being used. On an older system with SAPgui 7.20 SNC status is returned as it should.

Answers (0)