cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion in user status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Can someone please explain me the difference between the user status profile that we input in version profile configuration(Tcode- OPTS) and the status profile that we enter in Status Management field in Project Profile configuration(Tcode - OPSA).

Thanks,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In OPTS you will maintain a user status profile so that whenever a user status is set, project versions are created. In OPSA you will maintain the default user status profile to be used for PD and WBSE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ahmed,

How can we know the version no. that is created, in my case I have set version key = k++++. Is there anyway to check the exact version if we are using same user status-version profile combo for multiple projects?

Regards,

Manish

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

run any structure overview report....open your DB profile there you select version data. now you will see a project version field in the input screen. press F4 you will see the list of versions created for that particular project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that, but there is no new version being created.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, you should create a version profile , assign user status to that profile with version key, then you will have to assign this profile to project profile...then only system will create project versions automatically during change of user status. I would suggest you to read SAP HELP for more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

I've done exactly the same thing. I really wonder what is the error.

Thanks for the reply.

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding there is no difference between both the profiles. Only thing to be concerned about is to know the functionality which Ahmed has explained clearly.

Regards,

Gokul

Edited by: Gokul on Apr 20, 2010 3:40 PM