SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPY1 -> DME Administration downloads a bad binary file

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am running Payment Run / Debit Memo Run transaction FPY1. Everything seems to be working fine and the file preview in application also looks good. However, when the file is downloaded to PC the special characters look like garbage, there is an extra space for every character and line breaks are lost. The standard program downloads text content as binary file (I checked this in debugger) and there is even a note which describes this accurately: "1088209 - Help for troubleshooting: Code page display problems". The note says:

"When you download a text with Filetype 'BIN' from a Unicode system,

blanks (blank characters) are created after each character:

This is not an error -- Unicode uses two bytes for each character:

Whether the "blank character" is in front of or behind the

character depends on whether the encoding is UTF-16 little endian

or UTF-16 big endian. The "blank character" (actually 0x00) mainly

occurs for the (American) standard ASCII characters.

There is no reason for a binary download of text."

The last sentence is a bit sarcastic, since I am running a standard SAP program which downloads text content as binary file and I don't see what I can do about it.

All ideas are appreciated!

KR,

Igor

3 REPLIES 3

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

I imported note 1324715 - PMF Generated data medium file for bank is incorrect, which resolved the issue.

0 Kudos

I tried to import the said SAP note but it cannot be implemented. Is there a newer version?

0 Kudos

Hi, Arnold,

I am not on that project any more, so I don't know. Sorry.

Igor