cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated ITS session stays open

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've been converting some ITS applications from the standalone to the integrated ITS (SAP ECC 6.0 Kernel release 701 sup pkg lvl 55). All is working fine except one thing. When I close my applications via the top richt (X) button of my internet explorer window, the session remains open when I have a look in SM04. I have a exit button in my application, which triggers the LEAVE PROGRAM ABAP code in my program, and this closes the session as long as I have the ~SINGLETRANSACTION = 1 parameter defined in my service. So that is working, but has anyone an idea how I can kill the session when the user closes the window?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Roel Vankerkom

Edited by: Roel Vankerkom on Apr 20, 2010 3:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

Its not possible unless you use ~singletransaction

See the Wiki:

[How to terminate a user session with integrated ITS when the transaction ends? |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=25427]

and

[Note 959417 - Integrated ITS, closing session when transaction ends|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=959417]

The other option is to reduce your session timeout values.

See the following notes:

[Note 834077 rdisp/plugin_auto_logout overrides ICF timeout |https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=834077]

[Note 705013 Timeout for ICF services based on ITS |https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=705013]

If the parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout is set, this timeout also

applies to HTTP sessions as well as GUI sessions.

If you want to reduce the timeout for the HTTP sessions, you can do so

using the parameter rdisp/plugin_auto_logout.

The timeout for Sapgui for Html can thus be reduced to a shorter timeout

than the other SAP GUIs with the parameter plugin_auto_logout (for

example, SAP GUIs for Windows).

You can then overwrite this general timeout setting in transaction SICF

for each individual service by specifying a timeout for a specific

service. Goto:

"Service Data" tab page-> "Service Options" -> Session Timeout:

it is set in the format (HH:MM:SS)

If it is set to 00:00:00 this means that the session timeout option is not

active. In this case, the session is maintained until the profile

parameter rdisp/plugin_auto_logout becomes active (default setting 30

minutes).

However, the rdisp/gui_auto_logout parameter always offers the

longest possible timeout value by default, so that the session is

terminated in any case when this value is exceeded.

Regards,

Oisin

Edited by: Oisin ONidh on Apr 20, 2010 3:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oisin,

Thank you for your reply.

Concerning the singletransaction=1 you are correct. This is working in my application. There is a exit button and when this is pressed, my ABAP programm calls the LEAVE PROGRAM statement and I receive the message that I'm successfully logged of. So this is working. The problem lies when the user closes the internet explorer window and not uses the exit button. Than the session stays open, since I can't call the LEAVE PROGRAM statement when the window is closed.

I've tried the ~disconnectonclose=1 parameter, but then I receive an error and my application will not start. Following error appears in the trace file.:

W *** ERROR => diag: Unable to find the template `templates/system/generator.html' [w3xxhtmg.cpp 5653]

W *** ERROR => diag: Error getting generator info [w3xxhtmg.cpp 6462]

W *** ERROR => diag: Cannot generate the frameset page [w3xxsemg.cpp 4725]

W *** WARNING => diag: SemgXGHandleResponse: Returning rc=0xffffffcc [w3xxsemg.cpp 1518]

W *** ERROR => plugin: XKrnHandleResponse failed rc= -52 [itspxkrn.cpp 764]

W *** ERROR => plugin: ItspXKrn_HandleResponse failed. 0xc000000022534050 rc: 0 [itspxkrn.cpp 389]

W *** ERROR => ipl_ConvertOut failed rc = 1, send icf error page [itsplxx.c 1526]

M ***LOG W01=> [itsplxx.c 1527]

W *** ERROR => ipl_ConvertOut returns 1(ITSPE_FAILURE) [itsplxx.c 1529]

W *** ERROR => Raise Last error:[1 from: itspxx.cpp :818] [itsplxx.c 1214]

W *** ERROR => RaiseError(sapdext) ITS_P:01 [itspxx.cpp 818]

Concerning the time out parameters you are correct. If I set the time out time on for example 10 minutes, the session will be out of SM04 after 10 minutes. But the session needs to be closed immediately after the user closes the window.

It is an IAC application so no SAP GUI because I know for instance when I add the ~webgui=1 parameters, the session handling is activated, but than the rest of my application won't work anymore (and I can't also not use ~singletransaction=1 for my exit button).

So any other ideas?

Thanks

Roel

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

You cant use ~disconnectonclose here (as you know now) because its Integrated ITS and not a Standalone ITS that you are using.

I dont know myself of any workaround for the scenario you want - but others here in the forum may have better ideas.

Regards,

Oisin

Answers (0)